Friday, May 05, 2006

A "Paw-paw" afternoon and evening....

After a leisurely cup of Fr. Roast coffee on the patio this morning, I was off to Farmington to Lowes's. I ordered the new shower door on Feb 10th!!!!! And, it has not arrived yet, so two days ago I called the store manager and let him have a piece of my mind, actually.......it was MOST of my mind by the time I was through!!!!!! Anyway.....he told me that day after I quit shouting......that he would cut the cost of the shower door in half.....and refund me $300. I agreed. Soooo, I went to get the refund......and to make sure the door was going to be here next week.

Then after that little business settled, I had the oil changed in the 1st Lady's Park Avenue.....it was a couple of thousand miles overdue. A quick stop at another shop and I was home by noon. Soon after that, the 1st Lady returned from home......only a half day of school today as the local Azalea Festival begins this afternoon and everyone "has" to go to the Festival.

Dr. Jeni and daughters were to arrive for the weekend, so we met them in Bonne Terre this afternoon, picked up the girls, brought them home so Dr. Jeni could visit with Mike this evening. Sooooooo, it was "Paw-paw" this and "Paw-paw" that all afternoon and evening here at the stick and brick. Both of the girls are very active and certainly raised the level of energy in this house this evening.....hahaha. And......I found myself playing Chinese Checkers with Meghan (age 6) for about an hour before her bedtime this evening.

Ava is about ready to walk.....she stands alone for about 30 seconds before giving up and sitting down. She will walk while she holds hands with us, so it won't be tooooo long before she is walking around. She REALLY enjoyed the mattress on the floor this evening......she just bounced and bounced around.....standing up by herself for a few seconds and then falling back onto her rear....and laughing and laughing at herself and what she was doing to entertain us.

Soooo, tomorrow, it is the big event in F'town. It will bring out many, many people from the "woodwork"....people you never see at all until the 1st weekend in May. I always wonder where they came from.....because you will never see them again until this time next year!! Tonight was the Azalea Queen Pageant....of which I didn't go see. In 1992, Dr. Jeni was the Azalea Queen........so at that time in our lives it was VERY important to us, but.......hmm, after 14 years, we have sort of lost the intense interest we did have.
Tomorrow......I will pick up Rachel in early afternoon and then when we get back down here, the girls will attend the carnival and have great fun on the rides!! They look forward to this all year long.......and it isn't a very big carnival....heheheee. Sooooo,.......

Life is GREAT......and I hope it is for all of you, also.

No comments: