Thursday, May 18, 2006

A BIG day for a little girl.......GRADUATION!!

I'm a bit behind on the last two days of my very uninteresting Life...........just didn't get it done last night!!!

Nothing really happening yesterday..........so little that I can't even remember what did occur in my Life.....hahaha!!!! OH......how dumb of me!!! We went to Farmington for the high school retirement dinner for the four teachers who are retiring......including the 1st Lady of TheHowserHouse!!! Am I losing my mind????? NOPE......just not thinking toooooo clearly this evening....think I am getting another one of those ungodly sinus infections.

Anyway.......the dinner was good, the stories about the retirees were fun...and teary.....and it was a good evening for all four teachers, and a long awaited evening for the 1st Lady. And now.....tomorrow..Friday....is the retirement luncheon for the entire faculty and staff.

Today......as I said above, a very big day for a little girl. Meghan's graduation from Kindergarten was this morning......and it was a delightful "performance". Yep....that's right.....the 24 little kids sang....and danced....and provided many wonderful moments, including lots of teary eyed parents....and grandparents!! It was such a great hour for all of us!!!

Returned this afternoon after a quick hour at the shopping mall in South County StLouis. I had to get measured for the tux for the wedding of my great friend which will be in July. That is.....if he can escape the summer rehearsals of the high school band of which he is the asst. band director (Edwardsville, IL H.S.) Anyway.....more on that at a later date.....

We didn't get to see the final Amazing Race last night, but we TiVo'd it, so when I got home this evening we watched it.....YEA!!!!!!! The "hippies" won......and they were our "pick" of the teams who raced around world, covering 9 countries and 59,000 miles. This was a much better show this year than the previous one where they had families competing.

I've posted just a few pictures from today's graduation activities.........I must seem more and more like the proud "Pawpaw"!!!! And will probably have a few more pics tomorrow night from this week. And after all of today, and last night's retirement dinner........

Life IS Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: