Saturday, May 06, 2006

The HUGE Azalea Festival in F'town

The entire town becomes engulfed in the frenzy of the festival events during this first weekend in May.....each year. And today was certainly no exception!!! By 9am this morning, there were hundreds of cars parked almost all the way up the hill to our house, as the Festival is held in the park just below us on the all of the ball and soccer fields. All day today and tomorrow there were probably 75 tents/booths set up with crafts, candles, food, etc., etc. and live entertainment taking place on the pavilion stages. This Festival brings out thousands of people to the park and the town. During the day, volley ball tournaments are held, a car show, pet show, etc., etc., etc. And.....for the kids, there is a really big carnival on the grounds this year.

Soooo, I went down the hill this morning to check out the plant/shrub booths to see if there was anything there I might want. Looked around for awhile, but didn't find any plants I needed. Took a quick walk around by the booths......the usual "country crafts", etc., etc. Dropped by the county Democrat tent and visited with friends and all of those who were supportive of my candidacy two years ago. As I wandered around I saw many former students and their families, and many band parents that had been soooo supportive of my efforts for the 13 years I taught here.

Then by noon I left for Festus to meet Rachel's other grandfather who brought her down to the McD's at Festus so I could bring her on home with me for the remainder of the weekend. She loves all of the excitement of the carnival rides and the wandering people on the grounds. Rachel and I found the 1st Lady, Dr. Jeni, and Meghan and Ava on the festival grounds and before long all $40 dollars worth of carnival ride tickets were gone.....and of course, that was NOT enough for the girls!!! Even tho by this time it was beginning to drizzle, they rode a few more rides before we went back up the hill to TheHowserHouse of stick/brick.

Even tho we had all eaten several times at the Festival........not healthy food...hahaha.......we fixed a quick supper and then settled in for an evening of drizzling rain and tv and toys across all the floors...hahha.

Tomorrow.....hopefully no rain....as THE parade of the year for F'town occurs during the afternoon. Soooo, we'll see what the day brings.......but neverthelesss.......

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: