Tuesday, May 16, 2006

NO rain today!!!

While the sun was seen now and then during the day, the clouds weren't completely in charge today.......thank goodness!! Sure getting a bit sick of this late spring-like weather.

Sooooo, my day??? I had an appt at school today to borrow a computer software program to put on my pc.....and so I picked it up and came back home. Spent the rest of the morning puttering around with that....and with reading the newspapers.

Where did the rest of the day go???? Hmmmmmm......you know.....I'm just not sure! Like my Life....the days go by in a blur. I am speeding downhill and each day just seems to go faster and faster..........at this rate I will be crashing at the bottom of this hill and it will all be over with! Wonder who I will be next time around........?

I did have my best student for one of his last piano lessons with me......notice I said: "one of his last". I am hoping that we can work together on his natural piano skills off and on this summer. It will just be "catch as catch-can".....as I will be in and out as we go here and there around the country, and he has a couple of trips and schooling this summer. He will be singing with the high school choir in Chicago on Navy Pier the end of this month......and then he goes to the Univ. of Missouri in Columbia for a three week session. He was selected for the Missouri Scholars Academy which is quite an honor......and will be a wonderful, tremendous experience for him!!!!

I was really touched as he brought me a very thoughtful gift bag when he arrived this afternoon........a complete surprise for me!!!!!! Guess what was in that bag??? Two packages of Starbucks French Roast coffee beans and a tall, orange travel mug for my coffee!!!!! WOW.....how did he EVER know that I liked Fr. Roast coffee????Hahaha.......

This evening it was "American Idol" and "House". "Idol....".........well, not sure who will be the final two.......the way it has been going lately, it could be any of the three last performers. I'm just not a fan of Taylor.......but, he did ok on that last number tonight.

Soooo, tomorrow.......I have to run up to Farmington to pick up the very, VERY late arriving shower door for the new bathroom. Then tomorrow night........it is the high school dinner for the retirees........including the 1st Lady. In fact.....it will be a busy week with these types of affairs and events happening. But....as usual....

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also.

No comments: