Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A Dictating weather day......

Oh yeah........the clouds were thick, the light was dull, and I slept in......at least until 8am! And.....then before long, the rains began and they lasted for a part of the morning. Sooooo, with my Fr.Roast coffee in hand......I sat back, did nothing....and watched a little of the morning tellie shows.

Around noon.....the rains halted, the cloud cover became thinner, and soon the sun was returning. Soooo, I returned to the patio and enjoyed a bit of the warm, moisture-laden day. As the drizzle returned here up on Buford Heights, I decided to get some things done.....and so, I cleaned out some dresser drawers and threw away many things that I have not worn in several years. Then.......oh yeah, get this: I spent over an hour IRONING some summer shirts that had been buried and forgotten.....in the bottom of my washed clothes laundry basket. Sooooo, now I am good to go for a lengthy amount of time without worrying about something in which to hide my massive amount of muscles......just don't want to let some of the news media realize what fantastic shape I am in for a 63 year old retired man.

After the 1st Lady returned home late afternoon, we went out to the Hanner homestead for dinner, wine, and good conversation. Think the last time we were together was in February!!!!!! And....they only live one mile from here...........where in the hell does the time go?????

Several more "Amens" for my "sermon on the soapbox" came in the form of almost a dozen phone calls today.

And so........ as always,

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also.

No comments: