Friday, May 12, 2006

AHHHH.....a BEAUTIFUL day!!!

WOW.....what a relief!!!! Today is just gorgeous here in S.E. Missouri!!!!! THIS is Spring at its finest.......and it seems even more so after this week of rains and clouds and winds and just being uncomfortable for spending any time in the fresh(?) air.

After a quick trip to the Bd. of Education Building this morning to have some documents signed, I put on my "lawn clothes" and fired up the wonderfully tuned-up mower and began pushing it through the ankle high thick grass. Oh yeah.....it has become a much darker green and already is thicker since I applied the Scott's fertilizer 2-3 weeks ago. But that has its downside as it was much more difficult to mow through because it was still a tad wet this morning, even after the winds had roared yesterday evening and this morning. BUT.....the upside is: I got some much needed exercise as I pushed it around for a little over two hours without a break.
As always....there were limbs down and twigs and other "treely" things that the winds had given to me as gifts and remembrances.

Lunch was on the patio in the very bright sunshine.......if only it would remain at about this temp ALL summer long: 62 degrees!!!! I call this "Wyoming Weather"......because it is sooooo much a Wyoming morning..in the mountains.

Then I spent about 35 minutes discussing with the Tech Support people of Verizon Wireless and telling them for the second time this week that my cell phone will not work in my house or yard.....for the last two weeks!!!!
I called them on Tuesday or Wed and told them the same story and they assured me then that they would have something done by today. Welllllll.....you know the answer to that.....it hasn't been done. Sooooo, I became a bit more irritated on the phone to the person in Tech Support that I was talking with today......
The problem is that I can take two steps in my house....anywhere....and the phone changes service areas and the call is dropped. Or, I can make a call with 5 towers showing and by the time it rings, without me moving my butt off the chair, I have NO towers!!!! It just will not work in this house/area. I can drive down the street a half a block and the service is FINE!!!! And this crap all started about two weeks ago, as I stated. Is it time to get a different company/carrier???? BUT......then I would be up shit creek when I try to get online with the lappie!!!! With the Verizon MOK(mobile office kit), I can plug the lappie to the phone and get online when we are on the road and have no Wifi available, so I would really dislike/hate giving up that Verizon perk!!!

Soooo, they are going to work on it. After inquiring they told me that "yes", they do have others in this zip code that are having the same type of problems!!!!! WELLL.....doesn't that tell them something?????

Anyway......time will tell.....I HOPE!!!!

As it is, we are leaving this afternoon to head up north to see the 1st Lady's mother for the weekend. AND......where she lives I am on extended service there, so I can't get online thru the cell phone. Sooooo, all of you avid readers who need your fix by reading my thoughts and ramblings each day.....well, you will be wasting away waiting for my return to this cyberspace address by Sunday evening. It has been awhile since we have been away so I did a quick check on our house Security System......and OH YEAH!!!! IT WORKS!!!!

Soooo, I will close this little chapter of my daily Life......and wish all of you a GREAT weekend!!!!

Life is GREAT.......(don't forget that!).....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: