Monday, May 15, 2006

Guess what?? More rain and drizzle and lovely gray skies!!!

Oh yeah........another day in gray-land!!! How much longer can it go on????? We will all probably go blind when the sun finally emerges for more than a few minutes each day........we had better have the sun screen ready to lather all over ourselves!!!

Another day of cleaning out drawers, discarding items that I no longer have any need for, and tossing out articles of clothing that I haven't seen on my body in several years!!! WOW.....I am soooooooo proud of myself for finally.....FINALLY......doing this. My wardrobe has decreased by 50%...at least.....and I am still in the "throw away" mood. Next......all of the little stuff/crap that we have collected for almost 35 years of married life....stuff that we have had sitting around here and there throughout the stick/brick and that we do NOT need any more.

Does anyone need an imported European Beer Stein collection?????? I probably have 35 beer steins of various sizes.....all the way up to 3 feet tall.....that I have purchased in Europe and brought back to the states on my 12 twelve trips to Europe in the last 25 years. I can't begin to put a price tag on these.......there wasn't one that I bought that was under $150 at the minimum and some that ranged up to several hundred dollars each. What does one do with items such as all of these steins????

This evening was the monthly Board of Education meeting.......lasting almost 3.5 hours! But....at this time of the year, with the school about to be out for the summer break, there are always many issues to discuss and vote on.

6000 National Guard troops on the border???????????????????? Is Canada next??????????????????? And then the Navy vessels stationed along both coasts????????????????? As one highly respected President once said: "We have nothing to fear but fear itself". This administration in Washington.........can we somehow manage to hold on to our country for more than two more years?????? Something MUST be done about the illegal immigrants that are crossing from the south.....and the border with Mexico does need to be controlled without impeding trade and tourism and international relations. Problems.....problems....problems.....

And sooooo, even with all these problems,

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also.

No comments: