Thursday, May 04, 2006

Laid back and......lazy!!

Laid in bed a bit longer than usual.......and finally fought off the strong pull of gravity in the horizontal postion and became vertical.....bit by bit. Walked into the shower and stood there allowing the pressure of the hot water to wake up my aging bones and muscles.......and after about 10 minutes I realized that I was alive .....for another day!

Had a couple of cups of steaming Instant Folgers on the patio, even tho it was a bit damp from the overnight drizzles. When I was running on full steam, I decided I would get the house a bit cleaner......Dr. Jeni and daughters will be arriving tomorrow, and they have yet to see the status of the remodeling project. A bit of vacuuming(sp?), a bit of dusting, and a bit of mopping the kitchen floor.....and I realized it was time to get......lazy!!!

And, so I did, for most of the afternoon. Did take some time away from being lazy and went to the SuperCenter to pick up some fresh broccoli and some ground round for dinner. I put together an easy supper of what is called "Warsaw Burgers": ground round browned with a couple of chopped cloves of garlic and about a half of a medium onion chopped up. After browning the meat, then I add a can of Cream of Celery soup and half of cup of sour cream to the pan.....give it a good stir to mix it well and then: open up two cans of Crescent rolls, spread out the triangle pieces of dough and add heaping tablespoon of the meat mixture to the dough, roll/fold the triangle around the mixture and seal it. Then after they are all done, pop them in the oven until they are nice and brown.....and Voila!! Serve them hot!! I also steamed some broccoli and cauliflower and sliced carrots and served them with the Warsaw Burgers.......and a glass (or two) of my dark red medicine to assist in the digestion of this VERY, VERY tasty dish!!!!!

And so the evening went.........Survivor, ER and then back to the internet and some RV forums. It was a good day......and......

Life is Great....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!! (Ok, Doug??)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll drink to that!