Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 90: Winter in the RGV is now completed.......

I was up around 6:45.....took care of the morning rituals....and soon the 1st Lady was up and we began getting TheHowserHouse ready for a 400 mile trip from Texarkana to F'town. We pulled out of the terrible KOA around 8:45.....and I never looked back!!!

We had parked next to another new Cedar Creek 5th wheel overnight....and this morning I met the fellow as he was unhooking and getting ready to go over to Tunica, MS. We talked "Cedar Creek"....and I strongly urged him to join our Cedar Creek RV Owners Club since he said he is not a member of either Cedar Creek club. He has a couple of tech issues with his unit and so we discussed them....and I then gave him the name of the fellow at the company that could possibly give him some assistance, as he has done for sooooooo many of us. Hopefully, we will meet again........

After stopping just east of Texarkana for refueling at the Flying J Truck Stop.......we were soon on the road, making one other stop for fuel and food during the early afternoon. Right around 5pm, we pulled into Fredericktown, weaved our way through town, up the hill to our neighborhood, and soon were parked in the driveway of our stick and brick. WHAT A DIFFERENCE a few miles can make!!!!! It is sooooo unlike spring here in Misery!!!!!! Yes....perhaps this day is not a good one to make a judgement on, but the farther we drove northward over the past two days......the more depressing it became!!! Guess I will just have to sit inside with my Fr. Roast coffee rather than outside in the warmth and under the palm trees......YUK!!!!

After getting TheHowserHouse parked rather quickly and easily, we began the task of unloading it and carrying the essentials into the stick and brick for this evening. Tomorrow we will tackle it 100%.....and finish getting everything put away, and then I will spend the 1st day of my YEAR 66 cleaning it out and getting it ready for the next journey down the road......in only two months!!!!

A short post.....but, I am a bit tired this evening........who? ME???? Yep.....this sagging hulk of me finds myself ready to hit the bed....hmmmm,....a different bed after three months.....and see what it feels like. Lots to carry inside tomorrow.........I DID carry in the liquor which we purchased in Mexico at such CHEAP prices.....and OMG....OMG...I didn't realize we had purchased sooooooooooo many bottles.....haha!!! I almost feel guilty about it.......well,.....not really!!! I think we have close to 20 bottles of booze.....WOW....PARTY TIME!!!!!

And sooooo, as always.....even when back in the state of Misery.........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Larry and Cindy said...

Welcome Home.. Glad to read you made it home all in one piece. I can sense the disappointment in not being on the road in a warmer climate, but it won't be long before you are headed out again.. See you two at the Las Cruses Rally..

Larry