Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 88: Beautiful day; Kicked back and just did nothing......

WOW.....it was cold this morning when I drug my sagging hulk downstairs.....turned on the furnace, turned on the fireplace, and then turned on the coffee maker which was ready with the freshly ground French Roast beans. Soon, it was warming up inside, the fireplace was cheery, and the mug of hot coffee was just what I needed to get the day started.

The 1st Lady came downstairs about 8:30.....and after our individual breakfasts, we discussed going into San Antonio, but elected to just relax, enjoy the day, and await the Mizzou game this afternoon. Quite frankly, I am not sure just where the morning disappeared to.....hmmmmm.....still can't be certain....haha!!!! I did spend a short bit of time checking out the basement to make certain everything was arranged so it wouldn't shift during our travels tomorrow......but outside of that.......it was soon afternoon....somehow!

This afternoon I did make a run a few miles up the interstate to the H.E.B. supermarket.......about the only brand of supermarkets that I have seen in Texas. Needed a few items for dinner tonight.......but, this didn't take very long and I was soon back in this RV park. The remainder of the afternoon was involved in watching the Mizzou BB game.....and I thought they were ok.....but they sure missed a hell of a lot of free throws....enough to have won the game had they been successful with them!

Dinner was Italian.....and it was really great!!!!! Afterwards, I got the truck checked out, except for the tire pressure which I will do in the morning as it will be cold again tonight. Will also check the tire pressure in all four RV tires in the morning.......

Tomorrow we are off to Texarkana, TX.....about 450 miles from here. This is usually more miles than I like to drive and tow in one day, but it is about halfway to F'town and so that is our usual stop going down to the RGV and returning to Misery. I went ahead and made reservations with the not-so-good KOA there, as there just are not many suitable rv parks there, especially with this big rig that I have. The good thing about travling on Sunday through this area is the fact that the interstate goes right through the heart of Austin and the traffic will not be quite as bad on a Sunday as on any other day of the week.

And sooooooo, another day has slipped quickly away..........but, as always for me........

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: