Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 82: Beautiful day, but I've being attacked with the onset of a bad cold!!

This morning.....after my morning rituals......we had a great brunch over at Doug and Diane's site, along with Ron and Linda. Doug baked some incredible Cinnamon Rolls , the 1st Lady baked a loaf of Banana Nut Bread, and their were various fruit dishes, as well as my French Roast coffee and hot tea. This was a great way to begin the last day here at Llano Grande RV Resort, as we depart tomorrow morning for San Antonio!!!!!!! Everything was sooooooo delicious....and we had such a great time!!!

We ended the morning by all of us playing Bocce Ball....a new game to me, but one that I have seen played all over Europe during my trips over there. The 1st Lady and I LOVED it....and plan to purchase the necessary balls, etc. for the game!! Oh yeah.....we guys won the championship game!!!!!

Afterwards.....I began feeling a bit heavy in the head and chest....and as the day has gone by, it is becoming more unpleasant......I'm coughing more and more.....and with my regular meds that take daily, I cannot take any antihistimines(sp?), so I will just have to tough it out, I suppose.

I made a quick trip to the market and returned with only three bell peppers and four grapefruit.
Everything really looked ugly......not fresh, and there just wasn't that much there to select from. Sooooo, that ends our fresh fruit/veggie marketing for this winter.....

Another quick stop on the return to the resort was the needed diesel refueling of the truck. The winds are supposed to be really, really strong.....upwards of 35-40 mph from the sse....so perhaps....PERHAPS it will push us along northward!!??????

The rest of the afternoon was spent in making all of the outside preps for a travel day. Much still was left to break down and store, put the bicycles into the truck bed, all chairs and tables away, holding tanks dumped, etc., etc. I also checked out at the office, paid the electric bill, and then returned the modem, mailbox key, key cards, etc., etc.

We watched the Mizzou-Marquette BB game and enjoyed it......but I do not like such cliff hangers as the last half of this provided the viewers!!!!! However....we won!

Doug and Janet came over to say their farewells........and we spent an hour visiting before they left.......sure will miss them!!!!! We feel it will be a year before our paths cross again, as our plans go at this point in time. We will all be in the Ottawa, Ontario, Canada area for the International Rally of the CCRVOC in June of 2010....and will spend some time with them there!!

Doug and Diane wanted us to play cards....but I am really feeling poorly and have been for about four hours, so we declined for tonight. I am going to cut this short to hit the bed.....NOW! No pictures will be posted tonight........takes too long and my body is crying out with this vicious attack of this head and chest cold. I head cold always slips to my chest/lungs, as over my Life I have had pneumonia three times.....and I guess my lungs are a bit weak from those illnesses.....one which was double pneumonia. Soooo, if is off to bed right now..........

Even with feeling not soooo good, I do know that without any doubt..........

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!
(Hopefully the wifi will work at the rv park in San Antonio!!!)

No comments: