Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 58: Cooler temps....WINDY.....but a beautiful clear day...

Hmmmm......sneaking downstairs so as to not wake the 1st Lady, I made my Fr. Roast coffee, filled my mug...and then read some of the online newspapers, awaiting the appointed/requested time to awaken her. In doing so, I noticed that she was still not feeling well......as she stayed in bed rather than go to her Line Dancing class........and THAT says a lot about her health!!!!

She finally got up a bit after 9am......and then I quickly showered, completed my morning rituals, and then had my breakfast. She thought she was feeling a bit better.....?? I sat outside in the wonderful sunlight.......holding on for dear life to not be blown out of my lawn chair as I drank my dark and rich coffee. It didn't take long before knew that I would have to return to the interior of TheHowserHouse or I would soon be taking off into the air for parts unknown.....perhaps over to Mexico(withOUT my passport)!!!

We knew that we had to leave by 12:40 to pick up Ron and Linda.........as we were scheduled to take the boat cruise up and down the Rio Grande at 2pm this afternoon. The 1st Lady got ready to leave......and then only moments before we were to go out the door, she said that she had not been feeling well for about a half hour....and thought she had a fever...again. Taking it, she discovered that she had almost a 101 temp......so I told her she needed to remain behind....OUT OF THE WIND!!!

I picked up Ron and Linda.....whose LARGE Teton 5er home is just down our street.......and off we went towards Mission......about 16 miles or so to the west. They are "fulltimers"......in other words, they have sold their stick and brick.....and their 5th wheel IS their HOME. This is a way of Life for thousands of people......living wherever the highway leads them.....and enjoying Life in each and every place they stop........living it to the fullest! I admire.....and oftentimes envy them in this lifestyle.....the freedom from the responsibility of owning a stick/brick house, and yet, living an amazing and grand lifestyle in their RV!!!! IF......IF....any of you have not "toured" a large 5th wheel RV or a Motorhome.......then let me encourage you to go to an RV Show or a large RV dealer and check out these nomadic homes-on-wheels......I believe you will be very shocked at the lavishness and details of these types of homes!!!

So.....down the highway we went and a half hour later....we arrived at the Riverside Club. This is a bar and restaurant right on the banks of the Rio Grande....and where we were to board the little touring boat to enjoy an hour on the Rio Grande. We had a group of 18 or more who are al square dancers.....and we all had a little drink prior to boarding the boat.

Boarding the boat and going up and down the Rio Grande for an hour, I was not impressed by the views......nothing very scenic, however I was surprised by the number of parks and family areas along the river....ON the MEXICO side of the river. There were a few people, a family or two....enjoying the river at one or two of the parks there. Turning around.....the boat went south almost as far as it could as there is a large dam there that controls the output of the water as it heads towards the Gulf of Mexico......to control the flooding that could occur. It was a good hour.....not particularly educational or scenic(as I said), but I am really glad I took this opportunity to do this boat ride.

We all moved down the road to Pepe's on the River for a quick drink or two before we all went our separate ways. Ron and Linda and I returned to Llano Grande a half hour after leaving Pepe's........only to begin planning our next social gathering.

The 1st Lady???? She had spent the afternoon on the sofa, reading and watching a bit of tellie. Her fever had disappeared....and she said she was feeling better. She fixed another wonderful
dinner with a recipe she saw on the tellie this afternoon!!!

Tonight.....we just watched American Idol.....and then I watched the Debate online as she had a program on the tellie that she watches each week. And so........she is feeling bad again tonight....sneezing, coughing, headache, etc., etc. UGH!!!!! NOT GOOD!!!!!

A good day.......pretty, warm, and windy.......but, as always, even though the 1st Lady is not feeling good at all......

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!!........And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: