Sunday, February 24, 2008

Day 56: A very relaxing, gorgeous day!!!

WOW......after an hour or so of foggy weather this morning......this day was one of those very special days........an absolutely gorgeous day!!!!! How lucky I have felt all day that I am here in the RGV and can take part in.....and take advantage of..... a day such as this..........incredible!

Soooooo, just how did I enjoy this bright blue, pleasantly warm (85 degrees), breezes sooo softly passing by???? I actually did NOTHING!!!!! Yep...that's right.......I just enjoyed doing absotlutely nothing.....nada!! And ohhhhhhh, how great it was.

The 1st Lady went to WalMart this morning, the Fruit/Veggie Market, and the large Don-Wes Flea Market to do some shopping. Me???? I read, I drank my French Roast coffee, read some more......and then did nothing after that.

Later this afternoon, we went to the pool and spent a couple of hours relaxing in the sun, enjoying the very large pool, and conversing with others who were doing the same thing as we were. We have a large group of French Canadians....from Quebec.....here at Llano Grande.....and it is really enjoyable to listen to them converse in French.....and I actually believe that my understanding of French is improving the more I am near/around some of them. It is a beautiful language.....and I always enjoy trying to speak that particular language.

This evening we went square dancing over at Pharr.......which is just southeast of McAllen but still a part of the overall metro complex of the towns in the RGV. We always enjoy dancing and it was certainly a great evening of some very fun times!!! Then afterwards, the 1st Lady and I just returned to TheHowserHouse for the remainder of the evening.

We are planning to have a little "Happy Hour" here at TheHowserHouse on Friday afternoon.........just a small gathering of friends that we have made the past two months. As the weather warms down here to early summer temps, the nomads are beginning to think about moving again.....and will be slowly moving back northwards. As we, ourselves, have only three weeks left here in the Valley......we wanted to get everyone together that are not busy....and just sit, relax, and have a few drinks together.

And sooooo......as always in my positive Life.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: