Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 49: A WOW, WOW, WOW DAY!!!!!

Do you get the idea from above???? OH YEAH....it was THAT kind of a gorgeous day....simply as close to a perfect weather day as you can have. The kind that makes you want to spend every waking moment outside....and that is what I tried to do.

I was up at 7am......made my French Roast coffee, read the online newspapers, and then watched Meet the Press. After the 1st Lady came downstairs, I hurridly took care of my morning rituals, then had another one of those delicious Ruby Red Grapefruit....they just keep getting sweeter and sweeter and juicier.....ummmmm, soooo damn good!!! A bit more coffee and then I was off to WalMart to get my 69 hairs on the top of my head shortened.........the last time this occurred was right after Christmas and so you can imagine how those fine little hairs had lengthened and were now trailing way down my neck, over my ears, and with the horrendous winds of the past few days, they were totally unruly (sp??). Sooooo, I walked in....and voila!.....I was in the chair and this nice senorita was trimming those 69 hairs. And.......she had to do it three times as she just was a bit concerned that she might go tooooo far in the shortening process, but....I wanted those damn hairs short!!! And....finally, I accepted what she had done, paid the bill, and then picked up a couple of necessary items in the store.

OK.....back to the resort....and a quick change of clothing....into my "work" clothes and I began to bring out the things that I needed to remove the black streaks from the front and rear of TheHowserHouse. These black streaks have been caused by the burning of the sugar cane fields to clear/clean them off.....and the ashes just blow onto all of the RV's here....and then with either the nightly moisture and/or our air conditioning unit dripping onto the roof, these streaks come from the sugar cane! Soooo, got those cleaned up....and then I attacked the windows and washed ALL of them on the outside. They were just as bad as the black streaks.......but, I got them finished. The truck is scheduled....by me.....for tomorrow! Thankfully, the 1st Lady offered to assist me in these tasks, knowing that my right shoulder/arm is not like it should be.....still very painful.

After a quick bite of lunch, we went up to the pool. OH what a glorious day to lay around the pool.......85 degrees, a soft breeze bending the palm trees, and the most wonderful clear, cloudless blue sky....as I said: perfect! We hadn't been up there too long when I saw this long Cedar Creek pull into the resort......and I knew that it was Pete and Jane, our Cedar Creek RV Owners Club member/friends!!!! I met them on the street and instructed them on how to get to the office..... SOOOO GREAT to see them again!!!!!

We remained at the pool for a couple of hours.....and then returned to TheHowserHouse. We changed, and it wasn't too long before Pete and Jane.......and Jack(Golden Retriever)....came over and we visited for a while.......before Pete had to go back to his tellie to watch the Daytona 500.
I told them I would pick them up in the morning for the Cedar Creek Breakfast......

We then hurried around and got ready to go to Pharr, TX.....in the west end of the Valley.....for an evening of square dancing. Danny and Donna picked us up a bit before 5pm.....and we danced the evening away......three and a half hours!!!!! Yep....it was a great evening........soooooo damn much fun, even though I am sure many of you may think we have lost our minds by doing this sooo much. I can't begin to tell you how much fun it is...........!!!

We returned to TheHowserHouse resting peacefully as it sits here on the 73 foot long concrete pad in the moonlight.....the windows shining brightly with this bright white light washing down on the freshly washed glass. A beautiful evening here in the resort......soooooo quiet, sooooo brightly lit by the moon........and the temps in the mid-60's. Almost toooo amazing to be inside..........I only wish all of you could be here to experience this.....in mid-February!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!

Sooooo, it has been a fantastic day............and I am soooooo damn thankful that.......

LIFE IS SOOOO INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: