Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 52: An active day with lots of visiting........

WOW......what a horrible early, early morning. Sometime before 4am this morning, I found myself awake with this intense pain in some muscle just below my left shoulder blade. It just felt like the muscle/tendon was tying itself into a large knot........and I couldn't find any position that would alleviate the pain. I tossed for almost an hour......woke up the 1st Lady with my tossing.....and finally attempted to "sneak" out of the bedroom and go downstairs without bothering her......ha!

On the way out of the bedroom, I grabbed the ibuprofen and then closed the door behind me. Turned on the light over the sink and took a couple of those little pink pills ........hoping that they relieve the pain in my back......and not on the side that I have been having the rotator cuff problem. Then went into the den, closed the door, turned on the fireplace, took out a blanket from one of the cabinets, and then laid down on the floor to try to get comfortable. Well......after tossing for an hour....I finally turned on the tellie VERY SOFTLY....and tried to take my mind off of my muscle problem. Then sometime after 7am, I dozed off to sleep....and awoke just before 8am........WOW, not quite an hour of sleep!

I woke up the 1st Lady and then laid on the sofa, dozing in and out for another hour. Then I realized my back/shoulder blade was no longer throbbing.....the pain gone. Sooooo, I did my morning rituals, had my Fr. Roast coffee, ate some cereal, and then called Pete/Jane and told them I would be over with my coffee cup in hand. The 1st Lady went to the Rec Hall for her Line Dancing class.....and I drove through the wet mist and under the very low and thick, gray clouds.......over to the east side of the park to the section they just recently opened.

Inside Pete's Cedar Creek 5er, we three sat and talked until almost 12 noon!!!! WOW.......did we every discuss a world of topics......didn't really solve any worldly problems......but had lots of history of our family's to discuss....as well as many, many laughs!! As I had to square dance shortly after 1pm......I soon left and went back to TheHowserHouse for a quick bite of lunch.

Then......the 1st Lady and I went to the Rec Hall for the sq. dance class......and for the next two hours we whirled around the floor in the squares of the other members. GREAT FUN!!!! And, wonderful exercise!!!

Then, we went by and picked up Pete and Jane.....and off we went to Willie's BBQ over in Alamo. You might remember that we have been there before.....sometime last month. Sooooo, the 1st Lady and I split one of their HUGE, LOADED Baked Potatoes, as well as split a large chopped pork BBQ sandwich. Pete and Jane did the same......and for the next 45 minutes we ate and talked and laughed.

After we had completed the HUGE meal, we drove through a couple of other RV Resorts/Parks.....and I decided that I am very content with Llano Grande.......the over-riding factor is the very large amount of space each site has here in the new North Section.

Returning to TheHowserHouse, we all took a walk around the neighborhood, looking at other RV's that are here. Then as darkness descended, the winds abated, and the flying little varmints emerged to dine on us, we went inside. Glasses of dark red medicine for Pete and myself......and white medicine for Jane and the 1st Lady..........and then the conversation flowed with very little slowdown for the next two hours!!!!! Ohhhh.....it is sure great to become better acquainted with Pete and Jane......wonderful friends and we find ourselves becoming closer as we plunge into our pasts and learn more of each other.....and our commonalities. How great it is to belong to such a wonderful rv club....the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club..... which has provided all of us with the opportunities to make such close friends!!!!!

Pete and Jane returned to their Cedar Creek RV......and the 1st Lady and turned on the tellie and caughte the last of American Idol......and then watched a bit of HGTV.

It has really been a busy, active day.......and the next few days will not slow down or become less busy........lots to do, lots to eat, lots to see, and lots of laughs......all of this yet to come!!!! And......of course, after a grand day like today, it only makes it soooo easy to say........

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: