Tuesday, July 17, 2007

WOW.......a very multi-faceted day!

French coffee on the patio this morning at 7am......and it was soooo warm and humid that the coffee was not that enjoyable. OMG.......how will I drink that wonderful, rich coffee at the Cafe du Monde in New Orleans in a couple of weeks in THEIR heat and humidity if I can't do it here!!??

We went up to Farmington so I could get a haircut and the 1st Lady could get the bed comforter.....a KING sized one......put into a LARGE washer at a laundromat there. Good ole F'town's laundromats are BOTH closed down!!!!! Imagine that??!! Anyway....she got the job done and dried while I was getting my 69 hairs on the top of my balding head trimmed. I always have to remind the "cutter" NOT to thin out my hair....heehee.

The 1st Lady and I also ran into the the regular sized Wal-Mart Supercenter there.......our in F'town is a small supercenter.....hmmmmm, does that make sense??? If something is "super", how can it be small? Oh well......it is F'town. Returning to our stick and brick on the hill, I had only a small amount of time before my appointment with the local optometrist to have my eyes checked for new glasses.......FINALLY!!!!

I looked around at some new frames.......and how the hell is one supposed to look at yourself with new frames on when you can't see SHIT without the normal lenses??????? HUH.......go figure! After my exam, I brought four pair of frames home.......but not really satisfied with any of them. I just absolutely HATE to go through this ordeal of purchasing new glasses!!!!!!! Even after picking out a pair of frames, then it has always taken me forever to get them adjusted correctly....and I get so out of sorts at going through that long process of getting them just the way I need them.....DAMN! I look forward to a very aggravating few days next week when I do get them.........

This morning I had purchased a dozen ears of "peaches and cream" sweet corn from a local farmer who had a small stall in a parking lot here in town. He assured me it was "the best corn ever". OK.......and I struck out again! We fixed three ears for a light supper this evening and it was completely tasteless!!!!! Even frozen corn from the supercenter(our small SUPERcenter) tastes better than that did. What a waste of money!!

After we through out the uneaten corn on the cob left from supper.....the 1st Lady went to the local video rental shop and brought home" The Departed". WOW......what an intense and convuluted movie theme.......loved it. If you haven't seen it............put it at the top of you list to rent.

Oh yeah.....forgot to tell you that we had a rather swift and very drenching rainstorm drive through here justs as I arrived at the optometrist this afternoon. At least there was enough rain to allow me to forget about watering the plants and shrubs this evening.....YEAH!!!

I suppose I should post a few more pictures of former students and their/our activities from years past....??? I have a soooooo many emails and replies about the four I posted last night. THAT'S a good thing!! It is a great way to touch base with many, many of those former students who are now life-long friends! Believe me......it was a wonderful 30 year trip for myself....and for the hundreds and hundreds of wonderful students that stayed with me for seven years through the middle and high school band program, and the many trips we made across the USA to perform in various venues. Ahhhhh......what great times.....what great fun!

Yep.......a multi-faceted day it was today. Tomorrow......the eye glass frames MUST be decided upon.......ugh. However....not matter which ones I select.....I can always be certain that.....

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!

No comments: