Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hotter and hotter and hotter.......

Today was the worst so far this summer. After a thunderstorm yesterday, the soaking rain was just enough to make today's humidity almost unbearable. The heat indices soared to over 100 degrees today making it very difficult to breathe when stepping out of anyplace that had a/c!!

After spending about an hour as the tire shop where I had new front tires installed last week, all that could be found for my vibrating Park Avenue was a small amount of one tire being not quite balanced correctly. I do, however, need some rear struts installed and that will be done next week.

Then......it was off to the optometrist's office where both the 1st Lady and I tried on eye glass frames. WHICH.....as I discussed yesterday.....is almost impossible to tell what you look like when the lenses are just a bit of magnified glass!!! Thought I knew which ones I wanted, but then I began trying on newer "models"......more up-to-date frames. Not sure now..........do I want to be "in style" with the latest "looks" in eye glasses or do I want a pair that will be more classic and last for a few years????? AND....will my eyes last "for a few years"???? Ahhhh.......decisions, decisions!! Anyway....we returned to the stick and brick with several ones to try and see what we look like......again.

This afternoon was toooooo damn hot to spend any time outside and so, I just was a bit lazier than I usually am around here. Not much fun...........especially since there is soooo much that needs to be completed in the removal of "stuff" project! Oh well......there is always tomorrow......

And...speaking of tomorrow. IF I have to accompany the 1st Lady to her mother's for the weekend, I may not be posting on a regular schedule, as oftentimes occurs when I go up to NE Missouri where cyberspace is difficult to tap into. I am not wanting to go, but I may find myself being tugged and urged to go with her.......we'll see how the morning plays out.

Watched the video "Little Miss Sunshine" this evening. Wellllll....I cannot imagine how this film was nominated for the Oscar for last year......ESPECIALLY when "Blood Diamond" was not nominated at all!!!!!!!!!! "Sunshine"....while a bit funny, a bit of fun being made of beauty pageants for children(as it probably should be), and some funny lines......I wasn't impressed at all!!! In fact....the moment it was over I commented that I couldn't believe it had been nominated for the Oscar!!!!! Just unreal......!!

And so......a rather boring day here in F'town and in our stick/brick/!!!!! Sure hope your day provided more stimulation than mine did. Did I learn anything new today???? Yep......I now know just how dumb some of the nominated films can be! But.....

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: