Monday, July 09, 2007

Another Day of Summer in Misery......

The alarm brought me to my vertical position this morning at 7AM!! The project for the morning??? Mow the lawn BEFORE the sun overheats the yard....... And, so after three hours of mowing and resting with several liters of cold water, I finished the task and was totally drenched. Don't believe there was one tiny little breeze during the entire three hours.........it just got hotter and hotter as the morning rushed by. By afternoon, the heat index was up at 105 degrees.......WHEW!!!

After showering and a couple of cups of Fr. Roast coffee, a couple of phone calls to answer, and then I was off on some errands around town. Paid a couple of bills, made an appt. for the Park Avenue for some much needed repairs, and then bought out the local Wal-Mart, or so it seemed! But.....there is really not any other place in town where you can purchase some of the necessary items for daily living.

This evening.....ahhhhh! I made myself a couple of panini sandwiches on a G. Foreman electric grill: fresh Semolina bread slices, fresh basil leaves from my herb garden, fresh tomatoes that had been salted with Kosher salt for a couple of hours, and mozzarella cheese(not as fresh as I would have liked, but where in F'town?), and all of this drizzled with extra virgin olive oil!!! OMG.......I had forgotten just how wonderful this sandwich is....!!!! With a glass of dark red medicine as an accompaniment to the sandwiches......well, it was better than any meal I have had "out" in the past few weeks....without a doubt!!

And soooooo, the day slipped by quickly and quietly. The 1st Lady will return tomorrow afternoon and then I'm certain I will be assigned more projects to complete.....hahha. She always has things that I need to get done..........but, it makes no difference because....

Life is GREAT....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: