Thursday, July 12, 2007

Beautiful Day!

Another gorgeous day....the temp at 7am this morning was 58 degrees!!! WONDERFUL! And, as the day passed by, it edged up to the middle 80's, but not much humidity. Just a grand day to be outside and enjoying some decent weather.

Took my French Roast coffee on the patio this morning with that wonderful cool temp. Very quiet except for the songs of the birds......and that is why I have two bird feeders and one hummingbird feeder. They are great company for my morning coffee.....

After doing a few odd jobs for the 1st Lady, I went down to the local Plaza Tire and had two new tires installed on the front of the car......both of the old ones were done for after 65,000 miles. One of them actually had a small, but growing, hole in it.....DAMN!!! An accident waiting to happen.....

The afternoon was spent doing some more chores such as re-arranging the garage and then taking a LARGE load of used clothing down to the Sr. Center Thrift Shop....again. My God, but they do have a LOT of STUFF down there........tons and tons of clothes plus all of the little things that didn't sell in garage sales around F'Town.......haha.

Late this afternoon I was checking some news online and discovered that our Representative in Congress in D.C.....who is Republican.....crossed the line and voted FOR the withdrawal of troops to be completed by April!!!! WOW......I am sooooooo damned proud of her.....I immediately called her office in Washington and thanked her for her support of this bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't usually get on my soapbox on this blog about politics, BUT...........after serving four years in the USAF during the Nam era......and having spent 13 months in SE Asia during that time period(1966-70)..........I have felt very, very strongly that we should not have gone to Iraq(especially for the invalid reasons we were told) and that we certainly should not be there now!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah......I DO support our troops over there(I was one of those during the Nam War), but the best way to support them is get them back here in a WELL planned exit. Enough is ENOUGH!!!!! And....so I will close this discussion(for now).

WOW......when the mail arrived this morning there was my PASSPORT!!!!! Now.....that is nothing exceptional, except: I ONLY SENT IN MY OLD ONE FOR RENEWAL WITH MY NEW PICTURES AND $$ LESS THAN THREE WEEKS AGO!!!!! I could hardly believe it! I have never ever had mine renewed that quickly in the past 26 years.....UNREAL! And here we thought it might be the 1st of the year before I would receive it. AHHHH, perhaps we CAN fly away to someplace new and exotic this fall!!!!!!!???? Egypt???? We have been wanting to go over there for several years but have had some security concerns. However......it seems to be better now, except that we Americans are not "liked" anywhere because of our current Administration in Washington.......some of our friends who have gone out of the country recently have told people that they meet while traveling that they are Canadians! I have traveled around the world for the past 26 years....and never had to be concerned about this type of thing......DAMN! Oops....here I go again.......

And so...another day of my lengthening Life has passed. Have I learned something new today??? Yep....I sure did!!! I learned that finally Rep. Emerson in Congress has seen the "writing on the wind" about the mess in Iraq and, also.....that she may be trying to actually represent the people in Southeast Missouri by having the fortitude to vote against her party's leader.

LIFE IS GREAT!!!! And...I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: