Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A day in the yard..........

Oh yeah.......one cup of Fr. Roast coffee and I was soon behind the lawn mower, pushing it over the yard for the next 2.5 hours. The entire yard exercise routine began at 7:30AM.......and not certain that the next door neighbor was awake yet. I just needed to get it done before the sun found it's way into the hot zone of the blue sky above.......and I did get it done before it became too hot to enjoy this little weekly task.

Following that......and three bottles of water.....I got out the rake to assist in getting all of the twigs and small branches gathered together and then picked up. There are three HUGE elm trees.......they somehow were immune to the elm disease of years ago.......and they are constantly shedding these little twigs and branches into my yard. They actually belong to the neighbor...the one whom I am sure was awakened by the mower.......and they provide a large amount of shade, even with the falling twigs....haha!

Next project was to spray/kill the weeds that were popping up between the concrete curb and the street pavement. These little renegade weeds were not actually on my property, but they are getting tall enough to affect the looks of my yard, so I sprayed them with some chemical that WILL kill these weeds. And.....hopefully, they will be dead in a few short days.

This afternoon I spent doing some reading, getting our light supper prepped, and then fixing it when the 1st Lady arrived. We ate on the patio.......and it was really nice. I had my usual dosage of dark red medicine..........it always compliments and enhances the meal....hahaha!

And so went my day.......QUICKLY!!!!! Another really great day........which always helps to make certain that.....

LIFE IS GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: