Friday, July 20, 2007

Hmmmmm.........beautiful day with not much accomplished....

Yesterday....catch-up......was not of much consequence. I spent a great deal of the day, once again....looking and sorting through pictures and boxes. Wow.....will this ever be completed? Stay tuned......

Today......after arising early and having my coffee on the patio, I put myself into action, pumped some iron for half an hour, and then began loading the back of the truck with MOST of the last group of boxes and things to take to Becky and Rachel. We have had these items stored for six years and it is going to be great to have them gone and storage space reclaimed.....by us....haha.
The loading took about 30 minutes,....and with the rain late last night I thought the ground around the shed would be muddy. WRONG!!! I suppose we didn't get as much rain as it sounded like we did.......because the ground was still very hard.

Off to Cape G. I went and fought the battle of the highway construction for 20 miles......and they really seem to do some strange things when re-building a highway. I won't get into this discussion.......it just pisses me off that when they do get a section "done", it still rolls and has small "lumps/bumps" in the new asphalt......in other words, it is not smooth at all. Oh well......

After unloading the boxes, I had planned to assist her in putting up the poles for the draperies in the living room, however.........the long pole was not long enough! Ahhhhhh.........this is soooooo much like my entire year of remodeling......purchase something(usually up in St Louis) and then get it home and it doesn't work where we wanted it....and sooooo, back to STL and exchange/return it and begin the search all over again for the correct and best item. UGH!!!!

I left after a bit of discussion about the pole for the large window probably needing to be one that extends......and I started looking around Cape G. at the various shops and stores for one that might be just what Becky needs. Wellllllllllll.........not to be found today by me. it was much more difficult than I expected for a university town like this one. There just aren't that many choices here.......hmmmm. No wonder we usually go to STL to shop......a few more miles, but less driving time sitting in the car/truck!

After a cappuccino in Barnes and Noble........and an afternoon searching for not only the drapery pole, but also for a damned watch band for myself(again....no success for a 19mm width band!!)......it was 4:30pm. So, I found myself pulling into The Red Lobster.........

After being seated, my waitress/server arrived at the table......took a look at me.....and asked if I used to be the band director at F'town??? Of course.......and the girl turned out to be th daughter of Kim and Mark Jackson who used to teach here at F'town with us......and, in fact, Kim went to Europe on the last tour that I took over there....in 2001. Soooo, it is a rather small world, isn't it?

Returning home, after a quick stop at Schuck's, a chain grocery/market, to pick up some Starbucks Fr. Roast BEANS!!!! Would you believe that there is no place in F'town that carries coffee beans any more????????? Well.....they do have a brand, not to be named, that I do not enjoy.....and so......I am now having to drive elsewhere to purchase my Fr. Roast beans for my morning coffee!!!! DAMN.......

The 1st Lady is with her mother this weekend......having left yesterday with a stop at Dr. Jeni's office to have her new implants (teeth) "installed". She spent the night with Dr. Jeni and Darrel and girls at their Estate.......and then drove on up to her mother's today. She needs to take her mother to the Dr on Monday......which means that two appts. we had for Monday morning will have to be canceled and re-scheduled......hmmmmmm.... Not impossible!

Guess I DID get SOMETHING accomplished........bought some Fr. Roast beans!!!!! YEAH!!!!! The most important thing......right??? Oh well.........it was a great weather day which always makes certain for me that

Life IS Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: