Sunday, July 29, 2007

Two days of really keeping BUSY!!!

Yesterday.....Friday.....we went to Cape G. fairly early....I only had time for one cup of Fr. Roast coffee!!! We did some shopping and then the 1st Lady and I tried on various glasses for over an hour attempting to find a pair that made me look very young and cool and hip and not so old and saggy!!! Hmmmmm.....guess what???!!!! We never did find that pair of eye glasses!!!!! So, with vast disappointment oozing from the pores of my body, I left that particular Lenscrafters and went to Barnes and Noble for a great cup of cappuccino!!! While there, I spent some time looking and skimming through various books on Egypt travels.....and we finally bought one of them to help with our researching for the trip.

No....we haven't "signed on" with any tour agency as yet......more on that later........

We went on and spent the afternoon with Mike and had really good visit. Returning to Cape, we stopped at Target and Staples to purchase a few needed items that we just couldn't get along without!!! Heaven forbid that we would return from Cape without buying anything......NEVER!!!

Last night after returning around 10:30 I spent more time online reading and sending messages on the Frommer website for travelers of the world.......of which we seem to be! A late night....and no energy or burning thoughts for the world to read....and so I didn't write last night.

TODAY.....SATURDAY.......the 1st Lady and I walked two miles and were back on Buford Heights by a bit after 8am. Humidity was already drenching the area.....including us! The remainder of the morning and ALL afternoon I spent online reading and discussing with the 1st Lady various websites about traveling to Egypt. I do not want to spend more $$$$ than necessary for this journey of desert experiences......but I do not want to sacrifice anything either. We may never venture that way again.........and so we do want to take in as much of the Egyptian experience as we possibly can.

It will not be a cheap trip, we have discovered!!! However, when compared with other European trips that are being made now......it is not that high. I did spend several hours trying to decide whether to go independently on our own with our own private guide.....or join a tour group of no more than 8 participants. After some careful comparisons......and after contacting this afternoon in Cairo a private guide who is an Egyptologist......I believe the prices are just about the same whether we use a private guide for the two weeks or go on a small group tour.

We also discovered a tour agency that we may use to go to Thailand in another year or so.......a GREAT price for a GREAT tour with an extension to Angor Wat in Cambodia!!!! Soooo, we just have to sign up about a year in advance for any tours from this agency as they do not run the same tours week after week each year. Ahhhhhh........will I live long enough to see and visit all the places I want/need to see before I become toooooooooooooo old and toooooooooooooo much of a sagging hulk to travel?????? HOPE SO!!!! 41 countries so far......and I sure do want to at least be able to say I have visited 50 countries and six continents before I quit these worldly sojourns!!! I WILL.............if a person doesn't think BIG...nothing BIG will ever happen!!

This evening, we enjoyed another fine meal at the Hanner Home.......WOW, we might need to move in with them....we are out there soooo much. WONDERFUL COOK/CHEF!!!!!!! But......this evening she fixed a fresh pineapple pie with this beautiful light cream sauce over it....and then served it to us. After taking the first bite.....I thought that it had a faint flavor that really layed on top of the pineapple......and then Dave said...."Sue....this tastes like garlic is in this??"

HAHAHAHA.......she had sliced the fresh pineapple on the cutting board that she had used to chop up the garlic for the Italian pasta dish she served for dinner!!!!!! She will NEVER live that one down!!!!!!!! Perhaps this new dessert will become a world-wide hit: Fresh garlic infused Pineapple Pie!!! HAHAHA.......what a hoot!!!!

And soooooo, a great evening of delicious food, a newly premiered dessert, great wine, and wonderful conversation and laughter!!! They are leaving for Dallas on Tuesday for a couple of days and we are planning to leave on Thursday for Baton Rouge and New Orleans for the coming weekend. I tried to get them to just come on down to N.O., but they didn't think they could do that this time. Toooooo bad.......what great fun we could have on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter.

Life is toooooooooooo short to stay in one place!!!! And so.........another day and.....

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: