Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A beautiful day..........finally!

The morning was a bit muggy at 6am today, but as the day aged.....the cool dry air from the north descended on Buford Heights.....and all was good!!!! HOWEVER..............

I had to take the car to the repair shop.....and the tugging to the right was the result of a very bad spot on the tire.....a slipped belt in the tire, I was told. Soooo, tomorrow will be the day to get a couple of tires!!! UGH!!!! I had to buy four tires in Vegas for the truck this past winter and now two more need to be replaced. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Believe I need to just get a new bicycle......

Returning from walking back up here from the car repair shop......and then I soon had to walk back and pick up the car. AHHH....a good day for a good walk!!! And then......returning home, the 1st Lady was beginning to think about working in the garage to get the garage sale STUFF that didn't sell stored or disposed of.(shouldn't end a sentence with "of", should I?) I had already decided that I would wash some windows, and so....I got out the ladder and began doing the ones in the front of the house. Washing windows is not a big problem with me......I always enjoy seeing how great they look when I am finished........a sense of accomplishment!

Then I realized how dirty the siding on the house had become......and so I began to hand wash it. After an hour or so, I finished the front of the house.....and it really does look much better.

By then the 1st Lady was in the garage....and then she moved to the shed behind the garage and began dragging out onto the lawn all that has been stored in there by our three adult children. Hmmmmm.....why does OUR place become their storage pod??????? Not sure about that one.......??

Well, that took us about a couple of hours and then I loaded up all of the clothes and other items and drove them down to the Senior Citizen Thrift Shop. We seem to do this about once each year........and it is a bit of a tax deduction, also.

I fixed paninis for supper: mozzerella slices, fresh tomato slices which have been pre-salted with Kosher salt for a couple of hours, fresh "out of my her garden" basil leaves, some freshly fried and crumbled bacon and all of this on two slices of semolina bread. I spread some gourmet mustard on the exposed sides of the bread slices and then put this all together, drizzled some extra virgin olive oil over the panini and then grilled them on a G. Foreman grill. Really, really great!!!

And so ends a really beautiful day.......and with quite a bit accomplished here at the stick and brick! As always.....

Life IS Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!

No comments: