Sunday, July 08, 2007

Ahhhh....the joys of summer: HIGH HEAT!!!

I really be that all of you really know just how much I dislike the heat...and the humidity of summer, don't you??? I did not feel that way about those two "joys of summer" until I began to reach my late 50's....and those feelings have just progressed with each passing year/summer.

Today, here in southeast Missouri, it was in the middle 90's, however, the humidity could have been worse. It was only about 50%......thank God. I did attempt to mow the lawn later this evening and by the time I got the mower out, gassed up, and ready to start......I was completely soaked from perspiration so I just put the mower away and decided to get up EARLY in the morning and give it another try. I'm certain the neighbors will NOT like to hear my mower at such an early hour......

I was just being damned lazy today!!! The 1st Lady and Rachel left for Cape Girardeau shortly after 12 noon......and I found myself really enjoying the peace and quiet around here. I didn't even turn on the telli!!!!! I did some catching up on my reading of the news magazines which we find in our mailbox weekly/monthly.......and then took a short nap......and then did some "cleaning" of the little lappie....and, as I said.....enjoyed the quietness!

With all of the meals and eating that we did this past week.......I gained 2-3 pounds!!!! DAMN!!!!! And so........today has begun the less eating week(s) until I can shed those 2-3 pounds that have so ungraciously added to my sagging hulk!!!! Pretty soon I will be tripping over all of this horrific "sagging". Does this stronger gravity have anything to do with the global warming we are experiencing??????? Hmmmmmm...........

The 1st Lady and I are trying to get some schedules made for a few short journeys.....but are finding it difficult to get everything set in stone due to the granddaughters who do need our attention! Soooooo, TheHowserHouse sits in our driveway, collecting dust and dirt, and longing to be out on the road again. And.......I sit on my sofa in the stick and brick, collecting pounds, and longing to be out on the road again.....too!

The more that I read the emails that one of our Cedar Creek RV Owners Club members writes about the 7 rigs/members that have been driving to Alaska this summer, I am beginning to be thankful that we did not travel in the caravan with them. The 1st Lady and I have driven to Alaska many years ago, but in a truck and large extended slide-in camper.......and I believe THAT is the way to drive it. The frost heaves are STILL happening in the Yukon on the highway.....and they are not pleasant. I STILL remember when we became airborne on that long-ago trip after not seeing a "heave" and driving over it tooooooo fast.......UGH. It was a good landing!!!! With my 38' Cedar Creek 5er, I certainly would not want to experience that one again!!!!!!

And so.......the evening is getting older....and my heavier sagging hulk is making me more tired....and soooo, after a quiet day....

LIFE IS GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: