Tuesday, December 01, 2009

December 1, Tuesday: ??????

Yep......as I look back over the past few days.....just what happened around the stick and brick over these two days........the title of this post is exactly the way I feel about them. WHAT did I do???

Yesterday........quiet, relaxed, munching waaaaayyyyy tooooo much, quite a bit of reading, so much so that I am beginning to feel the need to have my eyes tested for some new specs, and then an evening of tv.

I did put together, by following the instructions on the bag, some outstanding Broccoli/cheese soup. Over a week ago, the 1st Lady had brought home from WM, a new powdered soup....a Tortilla soup...and OMG, it was soooo damn good. Soooo, being at WM a couple of days ago, I picekd up another bag of it...and also purchased a bag of the broccoli/cheese soup. Well.....last night I decided to fix it....and it was quite easy, of course. I did add some fresh broccoli to the soup, but as the simmering progressed I discovered that as the contents rehydrated themselves in the 8 cups of chicken broth......not water as the directions said to use.....the extra broccoli was not necessary, there was plenty in the soup. I had two large bowls of this bubbling pale yellow and green spotted soup......it was really, really good!

Today???? This day slipped away quickly.......I put away the remainder of the patio furniture/chairs, put away the lawn mower so that it will be out of the winter elements, took out of the RV the bottles of things that might freeze in the next four weeks, put the new Weber BBQ grill into the RV basement, and a few other things that needed to be loaded.

For a light supper I baked a HUGE sweet potato.....and OMG, was it ever wonderful!!! I almost wished that I had baked two of them......it was soooo good!

Tonight....a bit more reading. I am a BIG fan of the The Atlantic Monthly magazine.....it has some incredible writing in it each month.....and I enjoy reading their online discussions/columnists. A great read....!

The question now needs to be asked: will the 1st Lady return tomorrow....or will it be Thursday??? Even she does not know the answer to that....haha. She make have to make another trip tomorrow up to her mother's......a problem has developed with a new furniture order/delivery for her mom that no one else can really take care of.....sooo, she may find herself back on the road in the morning to try to resolve the issue.

With the weathering going down hill tomorrow......not much will be accomplished outside...and that makes me happier that I have most things completed for the winter sleep for the yard.

And so....as always.......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: