Friday, December 25, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!

WOW....what happened to the last three days??????? I guess, as always, that the events of the season(finale) as we go into today and this weekend always entail more "things to do" than we thought!!! At least, THAT is the excuse....yes, an EXCUSE.....I will make this morning!!!!! A very brief update......

Wednesday: I went up to Griffon's Trailer Town in Park Hills and picked up my Cedar Creek....it having been up there for a week to get the necessary comestic repairs made that were still lingering from the super storm we experienced on May 8th. Huge rear window replaced(tons of shingle scratch marks all over it), a hole in the front cap's fiber glass from the storm, and the front decals replaced from the damages of the storm. Nothing serious that has kept us from using it, but just things that the insurance paid for....totally, no deductibles....and I wanted it done.

While it was there, I asked them to check on the "lip" edge of the overhang where the silicone caulking keeps pulling apart....and, there is no good news there. The service man told me that I need to get it to the factory in Indiana, as inside that little edging...he removed the plastic/rubber along the edge, the screws are rusted and one was broken off!!! It has been bothering me as it is fine when it just sits, but when I hook up the truck, it pulls apart a least 1/4 to 3/8's of an inch.....NOT GOOD. Guess there are some structural things going wrong in that overhang. It only happens on one side.....????!!!! However, not trip can be made until we return from the winter...........and sooooo, just ANOTHER thing to worry about each time I hook it up...and, of course, my eyes will only be looking at THAT area of the RV!!! DAMN!!!

Rains began that afternoon......not hard rains, but rain!!!

THURSDAY: Yesterday we went down to see Mike during the morning....and had a great visit with him. And by the time we had left here at 7:30AM, the rains had dumped at least 2 inches on us.......and until after I went to bed around 11pm, it POURED hard. I understand there was as much as 7-8 inches fell in this county!!!!! Flood warnings were issued....and the creeks continued to rise. Returning to F'town late yesterday afternoon, it was horrible driving with the hard rains, the fog, the smoke from wood furnaces/fireplaces, and the dark wet roads.....UGH!!!

CHRISTMAS MORNING:

We will have our Christmas over the weekend when all of our family arrive. Jeremy and Anne-marie are in Mobile and will drive up here tomorrow during the day. Dr. Jeni/Darrel and family will be here LATE tonight.......as well as Becky and Rachel. They both want to do their Santa Claus "tree" at home with the kids.....and that I totally agree with!!!!! We did that always when the kids were growing up....and it is important that Santa knows where to deliver the gifts from him....and that should be at their homes!!!

Today....I have some more cookies to bake and a few necessary detailing to do to the stick and brick before the wave of family arrives here. HAHA.....but, only a few minutes after they arrive, the so-called detailing/cleaning will be for nothing.....haha!!!

And soooooo.........MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!

LIFE IS REALLY INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: