Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Tues, Dec 8, 2009: TWO busy days.......

Yesterday morning.....I was up and going out the door before 9AM....as I had an appt. with a local auto repair shop.....Heartland Auto Repair.....as for several days now we have been driving the Park Avenue with the "service engine now" sign on. Having checked everything that could be checked, with no problems driving over the state, I was not worried about driving it. Soooo, out the driveway I backed....drove about two blocks and then realized that the little idiot light was NO LONGER showing!!!! Stopped the car, turned it off, and then started it up again....and...yep, no red warning light. Soooo, I returned to the stick and brick and called the shop to tell them I was canceling the appt........I really didn't want to pay some high bucks to put it on the diagnostic computer and find nothing wrong with it.

Then.....threw a few necessary items into the bag....and headed north to the Washington-NewHaven, MO area. It was my turn to see that Meghan got home safely from school......which is one mile exactly from their home. Darrel had to go to Nashville...and then on to Memphis....and Dr. Jeni had a full schedule of appointments, as usual, so......PawPaw to the rescue!!! It is only 120 miles up there from the stick and brick......just an easy drive, so I stopped at a couple of places to do a bit of shopping, arriving at Panera Bread in Washington, MO about 12:30 - 1:00pm. I noticed my "tummy" was having some really strange and uncomfortable feelings/pains.....and so, I just had a bowl of soup there at Panera, along with a cup of hot tea. Sitting there for a while...things internally didn't get much better.

Sooo, when the time came to get out in the country to the school, I left....and soon, Meghan was in the car and we were on our way to their home......a large home which they built a few years ago. Meghan got her "snack" when we arrived....and then we sat down to begin her homework for the evening. This didn't take as long as I had been warned that it might......and soon, she was on her own, electing to watch a newly purchased DVD..."Oliver Twist".

Dr. Jeni arrived after dark with Ava and Max.....and so, the evening was spent in enjoying the grandkids....however, I didn't move much off of the bar stool....as my stomach was really cramping and I was in a lot of uncomfortable pain from time to time. I wasn't sick at all.....but, just sharp knife-twisting cramps....which lasted until midnight or so. UGH.....not a good evening!!!!

TODAY:....

I was up fairly early and then took Meghan to school so she was there by 7:45. Returning to the house......Dr. Jeni was still there with the other little ones as she does not have office hours until early afternoon on Tuesday, remaning at her practice until around 8pm or so.

I left around 10....and drove back down to the stick and brick arriving here a little after 12noon. Quickly changing into some fresh clothes, the 1st Lady and I left for Cape Girardeau for a bit of shopping and then to the Cape Middle School to attend a winter concert by the Shere Khan percussion group which Rachel, our oldest granddaughter, is a member of. A great little concert......and we really enjoyed it!!!

Returning home, we were in the door by 8:30pm.....another busy day!!!!! But.......as always....no matter how busy we are.....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY,REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: