Thursday, December 03, 2009

Dec 3, 2009, THURSDAY: BRRRRRRRr.........

OMG.....is my blood soooo thin that temps in the low 30's can make me fell sooooo cold????? I have forgotten how cold this can be....as last year, before we left for Texas, I do not believe it was this COLD. Perhaps it was and I just have forgotten....surely I don't forget things......but, I am ready to leave on 5 minutes notice for southern Texas.

HOWEVER, down there, southern Texas is experiencing cold temps also. I only hope that the fruit on the trees does not freeze before we can get there within the next four weeks!!!!!! How much I am ready for those amazing Ruby Red Grapefruit that are grown there in the RGV!!!! No place else produces the quality of grapefruit as the RGV.......sooooo good!!!!

The last two days....have been a blur of nothing!!! And, that is about what I have done....nothing. Yesterday was just a god-awful miserable day here, the winds blowing from the north, the temps dropping, but worst of all was the bone-chilling drizzling rain that fell most of the day!! I barely stuck my head outside.....UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today....a nicer day with blue skies and a bright sun shining down upon us, but it was still quite chilly. I took one propane bottle from the RV and had it topped off....well, as close to the top as they can legally, and safely, fill it. Next week, I will do the same for the other bottle. With the Holidays arriving soon, we may need the extra space in the RV for family.......

The 1st Lady returned today. It has not been a week of fun for her.......obligations to her mother as well as sitting with the grandchildren....Dr. Jeni's three.....have kept her busy....toooo busy, I'm afraid. Her mother is legally blind, seeing only a gray wisp of outlines out of the very corner of her eyes, one being better than the other. Sooooo, there are just certain things that she can do....barely....and most of the things she requires help. She continues to live alone....age 85...and does well for the condition she find herself in right now. But....as the 1st Lady is the only "child" that is either close by, or retired, a lot of things she finds herself doing for her mother. Frustrating at times......she then feels guilty that she feels those frustrations. I am sure that those same feelings occur with many "children" who having aging parents who are not in the best of health.

Sooo, she stopped in, and around, STL doing some Christmas shopping for the grandchildren. Never an easy task with such varied ages, but she does a good job of getting just the right things. Our own children are ALWAYS the problem as to what to get them....as they usually get whatever they want, when they want it......and we are thankful that they have the means to be able to do that, but it sure as hell makes it difficult to find something to give them at this time of the year!!

Tomorrow, we will go to Cape to do some more shopping and then go see Mike during the afternoon. Another busy day.......!!!

But.....why am I complaining, if that is what you might call it???? I have nothing, really, to be complaining about.......we are sooooo damn lucky to be able to do the things that we want to do, go to the places we want to see, and to continue to live in good health for a couple in their 60's! And sooooooo, as always.....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: