Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dec 22, 2009: Tuesday......brrrr....time to get my sagging ass to the RGV in Texas!!!!

OK....I did a bit of writing and picture posting this morning/afternoon, but I want to catch up from this evening's activities of this sagging hulk of me!!

I neglected to say in my post of the weekend that Jeremy and Anne-marie flew in from Hartford, CT for the weekend. They brought Rachel back after her visit to them and to NYC where she just had the most amazing time visiting the city, seeing the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall in their annual Christmas extravaganza, shopping, museums, Central Park, going to the top of the NBC Building at Rockefeller Plaza, and more and more and more!!!! They all arrived about noon in STL, just missing the HUGE winter storm that inundated the eastern seaboard....just missed it by 2-3 hours since they had an early flight out of Hartford.

They then flew to New Orleans Monday where they rented a car to go over to Mobile for this week as that is her home. They will return here to the stick and brick this weekend for Christmas here with us......and then will leave shortly after that.

OK.....this evening???? I had been requested to judge a story telling competition at the Bauhaus Kaffe in Farmington......a relatively new coffee shop which is really quite the new business addition to the area. They have music performances almost daily, piano, jazz, and other music styles...art displays by local artists...and now the introduction of the story telling evenings which will be held once each month.

I, and three other ladies, judged the story telling and it was great fun with some wonderful Christmas experience stories. Let me encourage everyone in this area of southeast Missouri to drop by the Bauhaus on the square in Farmington and check out this beautifully restored and redecorated building which is such a marvelous coffee shop!!!! Not only great coffee but also wonderful home made pastries are served as well as light lunches and supper items. I am soooooo damn impressed with this warm and wonderful place......soooo friendly, sooooo warm, and such a fun place.....I wish I could go every day!!!!

And so.....as always, even on a chilly wet night such as tonight with heavy rains and flooding predicted over the next couple of days........still.....

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: