Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dec 17, 2009, THURS: Two VERY busy days.......

Well, yesterday was the 1st Lady's birthday.......and, since I usually have something special for her breakfast on her birthdays.......I had my BD card to her laying against her breakfast plate....WHICH....had her box of laxative pills laying on the plate that she had to take yesterday afternoon, along with her tea cup and bag of tea!!!! Since she could not have any solid foods yesterday....I was not able to have some pastries for her like I usually have done.....but, she got a BIG laugh out of the laxatives laying there on her plate!!!



We kept busy during the afternoon as I decided to go through my slides....thousands of them are boxed up here in the stick and brick......as Jeremy's fiancee wants some old pictures of him, as well as any videos. WELL........even though there are some notes made on each box of slides....there are tons of them to go through. I have slides dating back to 1961 when I graduated from high school!!!!! EGADS....I CERTAINLY did not look at them.....that WOULD have been even more depressing!!! However, I did locate, over the hours of the afternoon, some that I will have made into pictures for the wedding week. And......speaking of the wedding....I am hearing through the Facebook grapevine that his bachelor's party is going to be held in San Juan, Puerto Rico!!!!!!!! WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!

I suppose I will find out more about this this weekend when he and Anne-marie fly into STL Saturday morning.....with Rachel. This weekend is the 1st Lady's family's Christmas weekend......the weekend when we all gather at the Quality Inn and Suites in Hannibal. There will be over 30 people there this year.....a good time for all of the cousins and their children. Usually everyone uses the pool/spa area on Saturday afternoon/evening. Then on Sunday, we have a catered dinner there at the hotel during the afternoon with games, etc. The 1st Lady and I are remaining there for Sunday night along with Meghan, Rachel, and Ava...and we will then deliver them to STL on Monday. From there we will go on to the Lake of the Ozarks to have dinner at one of the local restaurants with my sister and her husband. We will remain at the Lake overnight on Monday....and return on Tuesday to the stick and brick here in F'town. Our Annual Family Christmas State Tour!!!!!

Last night the 1st Lady and watched The Iron Man....on DVD. UGH.....it certainly didn't hold my interest.......just not "my cup of tea", I guess.

TODAY:

Well, the 1st Lady had a busy night.....hmmmmm. I will not go into the graphic descriptions of the night, but needless to say.....she didn't get much sleep, if any at all. I was up at 6am.....morning rituals completed and then had just poured my 1st cup of French Roast coffee(it was delicious, Hotel California)....and was about to awaken the 1st Lady at 7am when the phone rang. It was the Surgery Center in Farmington checking to see if she could come right on up.....16 miles.....as they could get her in early. She was originally supposed to be there at 9am.....but, she hurridly got herself together and we were there by 8am. At 8:45 the took her into have the procedure done......and she returned at 9:25.....groggy and tired. BUT....the good news is the Doc came around and told her that "Everything is completely normal!".....sooo, that was good news. There was no health reason that she had this done.....but, only to have it done for the 1st time.....and it was time to do that for peace of mind!!!!

We returned to the stick and brick......and then I got busy and began making some of Paul Deen's incredible Spiced Oatmeal cookies.....filled with spices, walnuts, and raisins!!! The are sooooooooo damn good. I was in the middle of doing this when the phone rang and it was the owner of Griffon's Trailer Towne.....asking if I could bring the RV up there today as the new rear window had arrived!!! Soooo, I finished baking the cookies, got them iced with a wonderful icing....and then.........

I checked all of the tires on the RV and the truck....and OMG, they were ALL right on the money with the air pressure they are supposed to have!!!!!! Couldn't believe it!!!!!! Checked out the basement for stability of the items inside....and then double checked the inside of the RV to make sure everything was in the proper place for traveling down/up the road. I hooked up the RV to the truck.....and an hour and 10 minutes later, I was back in the driveway after delivering the RV to the service bay.....25 miles north of here. Service to be done???? New rear window to be installed and the storm scratched old one removed, new front cap decals to be installed after being torn by the storm, and a chip out of the front cap fiber glass has to be repaird...... which the electrical cable that broke during the storm was responsible for!! Should be done by next Wednesday......has to be done by then because the service closes down until Jan 4th!!!!!

This evening, we were guest of Sue and Dave Hanner for our annual Christmas Dinner at their home. A lovely evening....just the four of us...with no interruptions. And.....as ALWAYS, Sue fixed an incredible meal, including some great appetizers, salad, roasted venison, and a lemon curd pie.....WOW!!!!

And soooo, two days of BUSYiness.....don't think that is a word, but it looks interesting, doesn't it??? HEY......great to get some comments after what I wrote the other night about this blog writing!!!!!!!! THANKS to all who did write.....those that I know and those who did not identify themselves!!!!

Not liking what I see and hear about the chilly/cold WET weather in the RGV in Texas!!!!!! Is this winter going to be like the one we experienced in '07????? OMG, I sure hope not!!!! It was sooooo chilly and damp for most of the six weeks we were there.....not very enjoyable, at least weather-wise. Hmmm....that is ANOTHER word combination that I wonder how it came about????!!!! Surely things will get better down there with the temps and the rains.....SURELY!!!!!

OMG....it is after midnight!!!!! I wondered why I was beginning to feel bloated.......and now, it is time for me to turn into a pumpkin, I guess. Soooo, I should close this and get my sagging ass into bed.......and, as always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!

No comments: