Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thurs, Dec 10, 2009: OMG.....I don't do COLD.....I am not liking this!!!!!

Brrrrrrr........about the only words I can say for the past couple of days!!!! Yesterday with winds blasting the stick and brick, with all of the large windows that we have, we did keep the drapes pulled on the side of the house where the wind was hitting it. Just such a cold, cold day....but, we are not along....how well I realize this. There are others who have been hit by this massive early winter storm that are in much worse condition than southeast Misery.

We just stayed inside as much as possible yesterday.........however the 1st Lady did go up to Farmngton to have a visit with the Dr. who will be doing her colonoscopy next week. But...she wasn't gone very long for that. I puttered around inside.....and did some reading on the novel I am currently involved with....and it is a good book. As it travels from all over Italy over to Egypt and back to the south of Europe....I feel at home as I read it having been there sooo many times and can mentally visualize the places and monuments that are playing a major role as a part of the story line.

Last night the 1st Lady and I went up to Farmington and to the wonderful large "reception" hall called Alexander's, located on the second floor of The Factory.....an old factory that has been remade and remodeled into little boutiques, artist areas, etc., etc. The Mineral Area Community College (MAC) Jazz Band and Combo were performing their winter concert which was held in the hall so those attending this great little event could enjoy some dancing to the wonderful tunes they played.......so well!!! Coffee and pastries were served compliments of the Bauhaus Kaffee shop there in Farmington. This hall is a lovely place.....and it was "just right" for this type of performance/dance!!!!! It was really well attended.....and it was really good to see many people and former students that I know who were there like we were. Michael Goldsmith is the director.....my former student....my former associate band director here at F'town High School.....and the individual who stepped in to my position when I retired! With all of those connections to me.......the most important and the most valued connections is that I can call him one of my best friends!!!!!! He has done wonders with the MAC Jazz Band....and they were really on top of their game last night!!!!! CONGRATS, MICHAEL!!!!!!

Today......leaving in the brittle cold of 9 degrees this morning at 7:30AM....the 1st Lady and I went to Cape, stopping by to pick up Becky....and then we spent the morning and early afternoon with Mike. It was good to see him, although I didn't sleep well last night....and was like some kind of zombie this morning!!! We returned home about 3pm.......and then the 1st Lady left at about 6pm for Farmington to meet her friends for their "Girl's Night Out" dinner.......a monthly evening...when possible.

Tomorrow???? Off we go again......Dr. Jeni and Darrel have to make a quick business trip over to Nashville, TN.....and BACK tomorrow night. So, we will pick up Meghan at school tomorrow afternoon, then pick up Ava and Max at the sitter's....and keep them at their home. We will then return Saturday morning.....as we have a Christmas Party to attend tomorrow evening.....dinner and party.......the 1st Lady's Beta Sigma Phi Sorority annual event which will be held at Judge Fulton's home.

Sooooo, with warmer weather forecast for tomorrow.....it should be a nicer day and evening in the Washington, MO area. And with that.....I will be much more content than I am when it is necessary to get out into this unusual cold weather for December. However.....as always......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!(3 weeks until we leave for the RGV in Texas!!!)

1 comment:

Michael Goldsmith said...

It was great to see you guys there and I appreciate the kind words. We had a blast and I hope everyone enjoyed the event.

Of course, none of that would have ever happened had I not had the BEST mentor in the world!!!