Sunday, November 29, 2009

Nov 29, 2009: Sunday.....and the rains return!!

Well, another morning of having no sun. But....with my morning rituals completed, the hot Fr. Roast coffee certainly perked up the gray morning. I did spend some time watching the Sunday morning "talking heads"....the regular Sun. news shows with political guests there to argue, disagree, and normally being negative. Sometimes you would think that we are slipping down the drain in this world..........and, even though we seem to be divided more than ever, we know that we will get out of this downward spiral.

I did some house cleaning later in the morning/early afternoon........did some reading, took a nap, checked for the drizzles which fell from time to time(exciting, huh??)......and then some more reading of the novel I am enjoying.

A bit of supper......I put together a turkey salad with which to make sandwiches......from the remainder of the old bird that we didn't finish on Thursday. It won't/can't last much longer so I will probably throw it out tomorrow........food poisoning is NOT fun, having experienced it many times over the years( the last time in Egypt and I lost 11 pounds with that prolonged sickness).

THEN.....something told me to watch "60 Minutes" tonight....a show I don't normally watch. AND....ohhhhh how glad I am that I did, but I just wish I had taped it.....it was marvelous!!!!!
First they went into great depth on the gold mining in the Congo with intense descriptions of the inhumane treatment of the workers who do the horrendous labor by hand......terrible.

Then....the next segment, and it was for almost all of the rest of the hour was about the explorer/discoverer Robert Ballard, the man who found/discovered the Titantic. BUT....the work that he has continued to do under the sea, at the bottom of the oceans.....well, it is just stunning!!!!! I was amazed at the work he has done, the new things he has found, and the very, very ancient articles he has located/found. OMG.....if there is anyway you can go online and see this one program of "60 Minutes".....DO SO!!!!!! It will hold your interest like very few other programs will do.......spend the time to locate it online and then to watch the program......you will not sorry for this one hour you have spent!!!!!!

Then.....the next to last episode for this season of...."The Amazing Race" . Tonight was a very fair competition as there were no planes/trains to catch which, if the tickets ran out some might be left behind to catch up later. Now....the final three couples will race to the finish in the USA...and it appears it will be in Las Vegas, from the previews they showed this evening. This has been a great season for this program......one of my very favorite reality shows.....but,...haha...I am sure you cannot understand why I would feel that way!!

Tomorrow.....sun is forecast...we'll see. Perhaps I can get some work down on waxing the RV....I really need to do that, and would like to do it here, rather than in the direct sun when we arrive at Llano Grande RV Resort and Country Club in a few weeks.

A good day today, albeit without much going on here that might be of interest to you readers......sorry about that. Some days are just like that, eh???(for my Canadian friends) But......you know....as always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: