Saturday, November 28, 2009

Nov. 28, 2009: Two days of....not much!

Yesterday.......The day after Turkey Day.......was a day of just relaxing, enjoying our morning together and knowing that there was absolutely nothing...nada...that we had to do at all. Soooo.....the day progressed slowly as we just hung out here in the stick and brick.

The 1st Lady then left about 3pm or so, to go to her Mother's for the weekend. This had been planned, as she then has to be at Dr. Jeni's on Monday thru Wednesday to assist in picking up the kids from school and the sitter. Darrel has a job installation on a large contract......and so, he cannot be around to pick them up at the necessary times......so, Granny(1st Lady) to the rescue!!!

Last night.....I just enjoyed the peace and quiet.....spent a bit of time reading...and some more time watching the tellie. And.....peace and quiet it was!!!

TODAY..............

I drug my sagging ass out of bed about 8am........and after the normal morning rituals, I enjoyed my Fr. Roast coffee while watching tons and tons of birds at the feeders. I suppose the warming weather brought them out to have a feast at my patio.....and feast they did!!!

About 11 this morning, I had a couple of visitors.....and someone I had looked forward to seeing.....Nick Nichols, a former student who brought his girl with him. She is from Japan and is attending school in Michigan. Nick....well, he was/is my best trumpet player out of the entire 30 years of teaching. He received his Bachelor of Music in Trumpet Performace at Truman State in here Missouri, then received a full scholarship to get his Masters of Music in Performance at Western Michigan State University. Then this year.....he once again...thanks to his outstanding talent/scholarship......he received a full ride at Michigan State University to study towards his Doctor of Musical Arts in Tpt. Performance. Needless to say.....his credentials are high....and he is just an absolutely outstanding performer and student!!!!!!! He is teaching at Michigan State as he works on his D.M.A......and this is the first time I have caught up with him in a year and a half.

We spent a day together in June of '08 in Shipshewanna, IN when I was up there for a Cedar Creek RV National Rally. Nick drove down and spent the day with me.....and so, it was just terrific to spend about an hour with him this morning!!! They were driving back to Michigan this afternoon......and we do plan to get together during his Christmas break.

The afternoon???? I spent outside putting away some outdoor items, preparing for the COLD winter days that will soon descend upon southeast Misery.....when we will be gone, I hope!!!! I fixed a mid-afternoon lunch of some great Turkey Day leftovers.....and then made a trip out to Walmart for some eatables...and a few things for our upcoming winter in south Texas in the RGV.

This evening.....been watching the TV.....HGTV programs......and doing a bit of online surfing. Nothing of any importance.....but the highlight of the day was Nick's visit!!!!!

OH...I did make a reservation for the 1st Lady and myself andAndrew and Laura Gipson, to dine at the Zagat 2010 Top Restaurant in the entire city of St. Louis. We will be going next Saturday evening........the name?? Niche Restaurant.....and it comes with high raves for the quality of the food, service, wine list, etc. This should be fun!!!!! Not cheap....but, we don't do this very often......once or twice a year.

And sooooo, a great weather day...mid-60's...and a good, relaxing day. And, as always.....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: