Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wed, Nov 18, 2009: More rain and...more rain!

WHEW.....these rain systems just seem to love to hang over Misery!!! Well....things seem to be looking better after tomorrow....YEAH!!!

Up at 6AM.....UGH....and was in Festus at the Jefferson County Medical Center (?) by 8:45. My appt was not on time....as usual....but, by 10:15 I was out of the building and walking in the rain to the truck. However, I didn't really feel the rain....as the urologist that I have been seeing every 6 months stated that I can now quit taking the Avodart....as things have shrunk and returned to a normal size....and...my PSA is lower than it has ever been.... .039!!! Soooo, that is great news.....and he was quite impressed by how my problem had reacted to the Avodart......"quite a good example" he stated. He and I have developed a good rapport and so we had some laughs as well as a discussion about the Riu Vallarta Hotel in Puerto Vallarta....where he was supposed to have gone last summer for a week or so with his family.

After getting out of the rain and into the truck...I called the 1st Lady to see where she was...on the highway heading south....and she said she would be in STL in an hour and a half. So.....about that time, after I had made a couple of stops and purchases, we met out on Manchester Road at a furniture store. A few more stores....and then we went to Panera Bread for a very good lunch....and then it was on to a couple of more stores. She decided that she wante to shop for some Christmas presents and that I could just go on down to F'town.......so, I did!

Getting home about 5pm....I had a bite of supper...and then did some thinking about a biography of myself that I am late in getting it written....and MUST get it done this week!!!!! She returned about 8PM.....having driven through the rains and fog...and was not a pleasant drive down here!!!

Watched tonight's episode of "Glee".....an amazing show...one of the best shows I have seen on the tv in several years!!! While I am CERTAIN that there are many people who think this if a bit over the top for high schoolers.....believe me....I have dealt with these same exact situations for years.....they do exist in high school when working with young adults in your classes...especially the music classes as you get to know them soooooooo well with all of the hours that you spend with them in rehearsals. This is just an incredible tv show!!!!!!

Tomorrow....??? Well...I have to have the truck in the Ford dealer's service bay in the morning to have some work done on it through a Ford recall. No cost to me....and I do want to get it done so I set up this appt. Don't know how long it will take to get done....shouldn't be too long, I think.

I believe everyone here in Misery is hoping very strongly that this weather will move out of our state....and keep moving. Wouldn't want to wish this on anyone east of here!!!!! I do have some yard work to do, but.....it may be several days before I can get into the yard without sinking up to my neck in mud.....UGH....perish the thought!!!!!

And sooooo, even with this terrible weather.....

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: