Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nov 24, 2009: Two day catch-up.....

Yesterday???? Hmmmm....that seems like a long time ago. Most of the day was spent here at the stick/brick taking care of some cleaning, re-organizing of files and sub-files, doing some work editing pictures of the past few months and then putting all of my pics since August onto my external hard drive, watching some cooking shows on the Food Channel which I really love to watch, and then also making a run into the city center to pay a couple of bills, look at the local furniture store for a love seat that will fit into the RV, and then take my insurance payment out to the Bd. of Education building. Had several interesting conversations out there with various workers/employees in the offices, including the Supt. Twice I was asked if I wanted to run for the Board of Education next spring!

I decided not to run several years ago after serving one 3-year term on the Board. I did not run for re-election at the end of the term since the 1st Lady was retiring and we knew we would be away from F'town more than we would be in Ftown......sooo, I am not interested at this chapter in my Life. Perhaps a few years down the road.......if I am needed/wanted.

Last night we visited with the Hanner House occupants, which included Dave/Sue's daughter and granddaughter from Chicago, Danielle and Sophie....who are visiting here this week. A former student of mine, Danielle, was an opera major and now is a private vocal teacher in Chicago. We had a great evening chatting and listening to the many varied topics which seem to flow from one right into another without time to catch a breath........never, NEVER a dull moment in the House of the Hanner's.

Today???? RAIN, GLOOM, DREARINESS, WINDY, CLOUDS......just back to our great state of Misery!!!! I continued my tasks from yesterday with the phots and backing up files from my computer onto the external hard drive. Then, I removed all of the pics from my camera....which numbered well over 500.

Tonight, we have a Red Box movie...."Star Trek"...which we have not seen.....that is....the new one which came out a year or so ago. Sooooo, on an early winter's evening....two days before Turkey Day.....we are going to kick back and relax in front of the plasma....and just enjoy the peace and quiet of the evening.

" You betcha!"......as always.....

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: