Monday, November 02, 2009

Monday, Nov 2, 2009: Internet problems resolved.......

The morning after Halloween....yesterday, the grandchildren were still enjoying the afterglow of the trick/treat evening. They came home with tons of candy, fruit, nuts, etc., etc. much more than they need!! However,....that is what being a little one is all about, isn't it?

We just sort of hung out around the home of Dr. Jeni and Darrel......enjoying the beauty of their little estate in the wooded area. During the afternoon, they took Meghan and Rachel into town to roller skate....and think they had a great time...with no broken bones nor sprains!!!

The 1st Lady and I left with Rachel about 4:30, or so....and met Becky in Festus where she gathered up Rachel's bags and candy....and they went on down to the Cape, while we went back to the stick and brick. Arriving home, we unloaded the car, and then just kicked back and watched some programs on the tv......and, of course....The Amazing Race!!

Yesterday morning....about 8am, I had a phone call....and for God's sake, it was the service man for AT&T.....saying he was on his way to our stick and brick to repair the internet service!!!!!! ON SUNDAY MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Egads!! I told him that no one was there as the AT&T service office had set up the repair call for Monday morning. Well....he stuttered and paused...and then said, "Yep....it is supposed to be Monday morning". Now what the hell was he doing working on Sunday morning????

Anyway....he said he would check the outside lines. Soooo, about an hour later, I received another call......and it was him telling me that he had "fixed the problem" from the outside. I asked him how he was so sure when no one could check out his work inside. Well, he then proceeded to let me know that he could tell from the outside with his little tech equipment. OK....I told him NOT to close this case until I could get home and check it out....as I sure as hell didn't want to have to go through AT&T to set up ANOTHER appt. if it didn't work. He informed me that I needed to call him on Monday morning at 7:30 if it wasn't working.

Soooo, after getting the bags inside, I quickly set up the laptop and....guess what!!!??? NO, it wasn't working!!!! HAHA!!! Pissed I was, but I did set the alarm for an early hour this morning.

TODAY............

Up early, I did call him at 7:30 and told him that it was not working. Soooo, he came over a bit after 8am....and with working around with some ethernet cords, checking the modem, and some more outside, it finally was working, even though we had to completely download the wifi setup onto each computer....the software had been wiped off mysteriously on Thursday night......Halloween?????? Hmmmm....ghosts in cyberspace??????

However, as you can tell, it is going great now.....whew!!!! I also had to call Llano Grande RV Resort to get our two month reservation for the winter, a month shorter than usual since we do have a wedding on March 6th in Mobile, Alabama to participate in.....Jeremy's wedding.

Later this morning, the 1st Lady and I went up to Farmington to get our beautiful hair trimmed.....and after counting, I believe I am now down to 67 hairs....think I must have lost one over all of this internet shit for the past few days!!!!!! Then we had lunch......checked out a furniture store for a replacement sofa in the RV, but nothing would work, color nor size.

Returning home.....OH YEAH....I forgot to mention that some wonderful person had egged the front of our RV....TheHowserHouse....over Halloween!!!!!!!!! Egg shells laying on the driveway, and dried/almost fried eggs on the front of it........OMG, was I cursing up a storm.....and still pissed I am. Five damn years....and not one single incident with the RV sitting in our driveway.......and then....WHAM DAMN......dried eggs this morning all over it!!!

So, this afternoon after returning from Farmington, I had to get out the ladder, hose, and scrub the front end as best I could. UGH...sure didn't want to have to wash it today, but at least the temps were good in the low 70's, so I didn't freeze my sagging ass off while doing it.

Tomorrow.....we have to finish up our packing, checking the house alarms...again....and then stopping the mail delivery, and other tasks that need to be done before darkeness sets in tomorrow AFTERNOON. Our flt leaves for Puerto Vallarta at 7:30AM on Wednesday.....with a change of planes in Phoenix. Another early trip to the the STL airport, just as we did three weeks ago when we flew up to Hartford, CT and NYC for the week.

And, as I said above "AFTERNOON" when darkness sets in......OMG, but do I ever dislike this time change. I would MUCH rather have the sunlight in the late afternoon/early evening during the winter than in the mornings....which I don't normally see anyway! But....I am just a little old sagging ass peon with no pull to get these types of things changed!!! Oh well.....guess I am used to that!!

Sooooo, 35 hours from now we will be winging our way westward/southwestward to the beautiful coastal town in SW Mexico....Puerto Vallarta. Can't wait.......can almost taste those Margaritas.....and the great Mexican cuisine......as well as all of the people watching that I so like to do!!!! I will be taking this laptop, and hopefully can post from down there while in the hotel. Not taking my iPhone as the charges can add up WAAAYYYY TOOOOO fast down there for data delivery to the phone....and I can just wait on that.

And now....it is time for another cup of hot tea, a chocolate kiss, and my latest copy of The Atlantic....a great magazine that I soooo enjoy reading.

As always.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: