Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Nov 17, 2009: Misery remakes Missouri....again.

Once again, here in southeast Misery(MO), we are suffering from lack of Vitamin D.....a result of very small dosages of the sun for the last few days!! And.....with the news that Vitamin D can result in more men having heart attacks......well, it is time I got the hell out of here!!!

It has been another damp and gloomy and depressing day......which by the way, another study recently released re-states that depression can be caused by lack of the sun.....sooo, which comes first? The heart attack or deep depression???? I should be packing my bags and loading the RV right now as I type this, shouldn't I??? And.....having just been in Puerto Vallarta on the beach last week.......those warm and sunny days there in Mexico are just making this type of damnable dreary weather in Misery that much more difficult to accept......UGH!!!!

Soooo, what did I accomplish while living under these heavy, dark gray clouds today?? Not tooo damn much. I did do some research online and then made some phone calls down to the Gulf Coast of Alabama as I will need an RV park/facility in which to store our RV for a week during the time we will be in Mobile the first week of March for our son's wedding on the 6th. There are too many planned social events that week to be driving in and out of the city from our little house-on-wheels.....so, we will be staying downtown in a hotel that week. I do believe that I located a place....and...OMG, if I understood the lady I discussed this with at an RV park east of Mobile about 30 miles.......she will only charge me $7.50!!!! Yep....you read it correctly....seven dollars and fifty cents. Well.....I will reconfirm this with her on Thursday.......because that price even beats the $10 we paid in Loveland, CO, this past August to store our RV there for a week!

Some things around here needed measuring......like the width of the door to the RV as we would like to replace that "stock" rv sofa that came with the 5er with a new Lazy Boy sofa....and have found one in Cape G., but.....the damn thing will not go through the narrow 27" doorway. Soooo, we will have to get it up here before I have the rear window on the RV replaced.....which is to be done in the next week or so......as it was damaged during the May 8th inland hurricane which struck F'town. With the rear window being taken out.....I can put the new sofa in through that opening very easy....at the service center. All these little things that should be soooo easy are never quite that way....i.e. my truck does not have enough space between the tailgate and the 5er hitch in the center of the bed for the sofa to fit when the tailgate is up! OK.....I can have it delivered here to the house but....now I will need to find a different truck to get it up to Park Hills to the rv service center. Always.....always some difficulty that makes my Life sooooo damn interesting!!! Ahhhh....

Tomorrow.....I must be in Festus for a dr.'s appointment....my six month check-up so that I can get my "peepills" renewed....for the little "growing" problem as the TV advertisements call it. Always an interesting appointment, to say the least.......haha. I will not plant any visuals into your mind by my descriptive verbage.....you can just take it from this point!

The 1st Lady then plans to return tomorrow from her Mom's home....and so, we will meet in STL to do some shopping. A dress for the wedding in March is on the MUST list of things to purchase......as we are not quite certain that we can find something suitable in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas....and I sure as hell do not want to have to take a couple of days, or more, to either go to San Antonio or Houston to find just the right dress(es) while we are in the RGV. And....I am certain that tomorrow will not be the day that we find just what she needs/wants for the wedding AND the other social events during the week prior to the wedding!!!

And sooooo......I am already feeling an extension of the gloom and dampness for tomorrow after seeing the forecast. But.....you know....it could be that dreaded word....SNOW.....so, I will just bear with the rains.....the lesser of the two evils!!

Even with this god-awful weather........as always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: