Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday, Nov 19, 2009: FABULOUS.....I had to wear my sunglasses today!!

Yep......I had to run around the house looking in all of the various little drawers and desk shelves....and finally found those sunglasses that I suppose the 1st Lady had put away, thinking we might never need them again. It was certainly great to HAVE to put them on....finally.

This morning I had my truck at the local Ford dealer's service center to have a different switch installed.......a recall for many of Ford's products. It took at the maximum....15 minutes....soooo short of time that I didn't even get my cup of coffee finished in the waiting area. Really something that all of these car salesmen were there in their little glass cubicles....and I didn't know any of them......AND, no one came in at all during the short time I was there. Then......I went up to Park Hills to Griffon's Trailer Sales to see about getting my storm damages on the RV fixed.

A couple of months ago I got the estimate, received the checks from the RV insurance company, and then informed Bruce Griffon that it would late this fall before I could get these damages fixed. And sooooo, he has already received from Cedar Creek the front decals that have to be replaced, he ordered the rear window while I was there, and hopefully the week after Thanksgiving I can get it all taken care of, including a chip in the front fiberglass from the storm.

Bruce stated that his business has really slowed down...and that if it wasn't for the service/repairs that they do.....it would be rather touchy. BUT.....let me assure all of you, I have used their service guys for both my Jayco trailer and for this Cedar Creek, neither of which they sell.....and you just can't beat these guys for detailed service and repairs!!!! IF you ever need some rv repairs made.......let me urge you to check with Bruce about having his service guys handle the job......they will certainly do you right!!!!!!

Returning to the stick and brick......the 1st Lady and had another cup of coffee/tea...and then we both went about doing some of the necessary things that we needed...and still need...to do around the house. We both are enjoying being back here for a few weeks before we leave again......and sooooo love our remodeled home......since we are not here very often, each time we are here it is just like being in a new home!!!! Granted, the calendar year of 2006 was THE year that we were in such a horrific mess inside the house as walls were torn down, new walls built, all new flooring in various aspects installed/refinished/new carpets/new lighting, new furniture and all new kitchen appliances, new windows.....to two-thirds of our home. And.....each time I watch HGTV, which is often.....I think to myself that what we did to our home is sooooo much better than the remodel/redecorate jobs that I see being done on these various tv programs/episodes!!

I fixed dinner this evening and while it was not a gourmet cuisine meal, OMG....it was soooo damn good....even if I do say so myself....hahaha!!! We both love this one meal dinner: brown long grain organic rice cooked for a bit over an hour in chicken broth(about 3 cans), and then steamed cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, fresh cut grape tomatoes, and shredded cheese on top of this one large platter of great tasting food!!! The rice which we both love is a wet rice....NOT dry and pasty......but very juicy......and tonight it was better than usual. I hadn't used the organic long grain brown rice before.....and this just added another layer of flavor.....WOW!!!! Oh SOOOO good!!!

Tomorrow I am hoping to get out in the yard and run the mower over the few leaves that we have in the yard, cut the grass back to a very short length for the winter, and enjoy being outside once again. Hopefully.....the sun will decide to stay with us for a few more days....and dry up some of this mud that is all around everyone.

And sooooo, another day of nothing to really ramble around about.......nothing to engage your mind with my verbage.......just little thoughts that I am putting down on here, so that tomorrow I can look here to see what I did today......this is a wonderful tool to use for those of us who have that thing known as short term memory loss!!!!! It will soon be five years that I have been doing this rambling.....WOW!!!!! Hard to believe the time has flown by so swiftly!!!

But....nevertheless......as always.....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: