Sunday, November 22, 2009

Nov 22, 2009: Sunday....and another beautiful day!!

Hmmmm.....strangely, I had a bit of trouble staying asleep this morning, so by 6:30....I found myself sneaking QUIETLY out the bedroom....and putting the French Roast coffee into the coffee maker....and soon...I was reading the Sunday morning papers while enjoying that dark elixir in my coffee mug....GOOD!!!

As the morning progressed....I found myself looking outside at the blue skies...and then a few clouds...and then bright sunshine again....and soon, I couldn't wait any longer for the grass to dry out. I changed into my yard clothes.....and before long I was trimming and cutting back dead flower stems, leaves, etc.....and after the mower warmed up sitting in the sun, I was soon moving around the yard cutting the lawn for the LAST time this year.....I HOPE!!!! It took about 3 hours today as I had to chomp and mulch up the few leaves that we had on the one tree that we have left which has large leaves. Soooo, by mid-afternoon, I was finished and enjoyed a cup of hot coffee on the patio. The sun was wam....low 60's....but in the shade of the patio, it was rather cool so I found myself a light jacket so I could remain outside for awhile and enjoy my coffee in the fresh air.

As the sun began to slip down below the treeline on the higher hills to the southwest of here, I went back inside and did some online reading of a few newspapers that I didn't get to do this morning. Soon, the 1st Lady was preparing some pasta with garlic shrimp, simmering in a white wine and butter sauce.......OMG, was it ever, every tasty!!!!!! Both the pasta...linguine...and the shrimp were just perfectly cooked....she did a super job on this dinner!!!!!!

This evening, after I cleaned up the kitchen.....always my job as per my marriage contract of almost 38 years.....and then we enjoyed The Amazing Race. It is about to finish for the season and I will certainly miss that show each Sunday evening. Sort of like when I was small(er)....and would watch Wonderful World of Disney.....believe that was the correct name.....each and EVERY Sunday night. Hmmmm....also on Sunday's....it was The Ed Sullivan Show..in black and white......."Reeeally BIG Show".

And so.....that was my/our Sunday. Relaxing, no pressure, some yard work completed, a great evening dinner, and some decent show on the tellie!!

As always........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: