Saturday, May 02, 2009

May 2, 2009: RAIN...RAIN...RAIN...., will never it cease????

Alas.....it is Monsoon in Misery!!!! And, the rains continue to beat down upon us here in southeast Misery. Enough is definitely enough......and that is exactly what we have had: ENOUGH! But.......once again, the all-knowing weather man has told us that we will continue to be visited by rains for the as much as the rest of this coming work-week(THANK GOD, I am not having to work).



Yesterday......Cabin Fever really attacked my sagging hulk...as I remained indoors through the drizzles, the damp clouds hanging low over this black hole of F'town, and inside the stick and brick was all very quiet with only my sagging hulk plodding around throughout the day. I spent a great deal of that dreary, dismal, drizzling day online working on the proposed trip in September.....notice I said "proposed" as the 1st Lady has not 100% agreed to this idea....even though it was HER idea in the first place. And........I actually thought my repaired and reconstructed laptop might overheat and die once again(how many lives does a computer have?). But.......it kept my mind away from the weather.........



Today?? I went down to Cape G. about mid-morning. I drove by the infamous F'town Azalea Festival.....soggy, muddy, and not nearly over-run by people as usual for the Saturday morning activities......and then I went to Cape. My glasses have been giving me fits......they needed re-adjustments and so I patiently waited for my turn.......only ONE person working in LensCrafters this morning!!!!!!! After about 25 minutes....three customers ahead of me.....I had my glasses fixed in about 2 minutes.....and they do feel better. Now....the question is: Can I actually see better....or not??? Beginning to believe that I may need a new prescription for an updated pair......OMG, I surely hope that is not so!!!! I remember soooo damn well how LONG it took me to finally get a pair that allowed me to see better two years ago.......UGH!!!!! I HATE the thought of that happening again.......



Following the adjustment....I did a bit of shopping......purchased a book on Peru written and published by "The Lonely Planet". WOW....these damn books...in the "trade" size of paperbacks are sooo costly: $24 and change was the total bill. But...they are packed with valuable info that is difficult to get all in one place......and so, my reading will begin.



A wonderful little lunch followed......enjoyed at My Daddy's Cheesecake"......and it was wonderful! I ordered the Turkey Ciabatta which had a 1/4 pound of turkey covered with melted Provolone Cheese, Fire-roasted red peppers, and a very light and spicy Pesto sauce on it....all of which was fit between two pieces of toasted Ciabatta bread....and heated!!!!! Soooooo good!!!!....Accompanied by thick, baked potato chips and a very tart, salty and thick slice of dill pickle. The coffee was from Kenya....and was a dark roast with lots of robust and rich......very good!!! I allowed myself to then "sin" and purchased a slice of their "Tiger Cake".....really quite tasty, rich, but just a bit on the dry side, as if it had been in the refrigerated display cabinet tooo long.....however, it was good...and made a great pairing when put with the coffee!!!! For all of you southeast locals.......if you haven't eaten there.......get yourself there and enjoy!!!!



Then I went to visit Mike this afternoon and had a really enjoyable visit with him. He is doing well......and that I am glad to know, as well as see personally!!!!



Home again by 9pm.........and after checking and reading some emails.....here I am!! A small glass of Bailey's "Creme Caramel" is just the thing to end the day with........a great taste, creamy and yet with the bite of the liquor in the finish of each drink!! Give it a try!!!

And soooooo, another day has disappeared in the drizzles......and tomorrow???? Well,....will it rain on our Parade? The Azalea Fest Parade is tomorrow afternoon.....and who knows what it will do by then. I sure as Hell am glad that I do not have to make the decision as to march the band with their expensive uniforms and instruments......not knowing if it will rain or not during the two hours of being outside for the parade line-up and then the long, slow parade. It is/was always a decision where there was really no win-win solution......someone would always bitch if the 120+ kids would march and get wet.......or if we didn't march and they didn't get to see "their band march"......Ahhhhh, the wonders of retirement!!!!!!

As always, even with the Monsoon of Misery..........

LIFE IS REALLY, QUITE GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: