Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 17: Just living our lives down here in the RGV......

Yep.....the title really does say it all for today's post!!!! Coffee was dripping by 7am....and I was reading the papers 5 minutes later with that aromatic French Roast in a steaming cup in my hand. It was after 9 before the 1st Lady was downstairs and I was finished with my own morning rituals.........

No specific plans for today had been discussed yesterday.....and so, we decided to just see what would come our way......and, so the 1st Lady decided to do a load of laundry so that I would be properly clothed in clean underwear for the Inaugural journey to Washington. Off she went to the "neighborhood" laundromat here in the north section of the resort......and on the closed circuit tv here in everyone's RV we are able to watch those who are doing their laundry at anytime of the day or night......a bit weird, isn't it?

While she was gone, plans began to be laid to go to lunch today at Fat Daddy's, about a mile and a half from here. The 1st Lady called to say she would be returning soon and I informed her that our little group was going out for lunch.......as soon as she could return.

It wasn't long before we were seated at Fat Daddy's......a great BBQ place that is ALWAYS full of hungry senior citizens who are also called Winter Texans. All of our regular group of six were there.....and, from comments and remarks by everyone at our table.....we all enjoyed the food!

Returning to the resort, the 1st Lady and I puttered around.....she visited with one of our friends here at her RV....while I continued to print off some maps and walking instructions from the Secret Service website online. Later in the afternoon she was off to the gym for an hour of exercise.......again, she was able to turn on the closed circuit and could see that the equipment was open for use, so off she went.

The evening was relaxed, the temperature was still warm outside, and so it was not even necessary to turn on the fireplace. I KNOW that I am going to suffer when I arrive on the east coast in a couple of days.........the cold will invade the sagging hulk of me, I'm sure.

We just spent the day "living".....not as a tourist, but as a couple who are living here in the RGV. Nothing out of the ordinary occurred.....just a day of enjoy being here out of the frigid cold up in Misery.......and, of course.......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: