Sunday, January 18, 2009

DC Day 1: Long day of travel......but Washington, HERE I AM!!!

Midnight here on the East coast....so a short update: Left TheHowserHouse at 8am, checked in at the Harlingen Airport, took off at 10am and arrived in San Antonio before 11am. A quick run to the next gate, loaded and was in the air by 11:35am.

We arrived in Philadelphia at 3:40pm EST, after a great flight with the plane completely full, and at least.....LEAST...one-third of the plane were heading to D.C. for the Inauguration!!! A joyful, fun-filled flight with lots of energy in there.....not to mention high excitement!!!!

Arriving in Philly, I caught a light-rail into the center of town and the train stopped in the 30th Street Station, the main train station in Philly. I got my tickets, had a bite to eat, watched the people, talked to MANY on their way to DC for this historic event, even some from Kenya, France, Russia.......and a few other countries......all making a special trip to the USA for the Inauguration!!!! WOW!!!

Left Philly on Amtrak about 20 minutes late........completely packed.....and arrived in DC about 2 hours later. Then transferred to the Metro, with only once Metro train transfer....and arrived at the Van Dorn Street station in Virginia. And.....Eric and Sujeeta arrived at the same time to pick me up......soon we were at the wonderful home, and for two hours we have TALKED and TALKED......been years since I have seen Eric, back when he was a child!!!

Tomorrow........back into DC to pick up my "ticket", play around downtown, have some dinner in the evening, and then get in line in the wee hours of the night......to get a good standing area! Eric loaned me some of his ski clothing, so I should be really nice and toasty warm tomorrow night!!!!!

Pretty tired right now, so perhaps more in the morning before I catch the Metro back to Union Station....???? Perhaps!!

WOW.......LIFE IS SOOOOOO REALLY INCREDIBLE!!!!!!....And I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: