Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 26: Another cool morning, but not for long.........

Hmmmm.......for some reason I have been waking up at 10 minutes before 7am ever since we arrived down here, and today was not any different. UGH....why the hell can't I sleep??? My biological clock just seems set with an alarm for 6:50AM each day......and it must be rusted in place(like my sagging hulk). Sooooo, rather than toss and turn and awaken the 1st Lady, I quietly crept downstairs, slid the pocket door closed, and then turned on the coffee maker.

The morning sped by quickly.....morning rituals, more coffee, stripping the bed for the laundry run, more coffee, the 1st Lady returning from the laundromat, more coffee, as well as some Sunday morning talk shows with more coffee!

We visited with Pete and Jane for a few minutes......and decided to cook out this evening here at TheHowserHouse. As the sun emerged from behind the thick clouds during the early afternoon....the temps climbed into the mid-70's. Certainly mucho higher than the temps at our stick and brick up in Misery!!!! Ahhhh, it looked good for the evening on the patio.......

I did some reading this afternoon outside in the warmth........took a 30 minute bicycle ride.....and then cleaned the grill and prepared things outside for the four guests. Around 4pm....I decided it was certainly time for some dark red medicine.....yep, haven't taken my dosage since before I flew to Washington last Sunday, so it was way past due......wasn't it???

By 5pm, our guests had arrived with their own cuts of meat, salads, potatoes, cheese and crackers, and their favorite beverages. After a nice Happy Hour, I turned on the grill, and Pete and Buzz and this sagging hulk of me put our meat(s) on the grill. It wasn't long before we were dining al fresco with wine, steaks, roasted sliced potatoes, corn in cream cheese, and a green salad......yep, some great eats!!!! The 1st Lady and my T-bone was just outstanding!!!! We had purchased it about 10 days ago.......a bit more than once inch thick and it was quite large.....really large!

It was another one of our great evenings.........they seem to be quite frequent...and that is just fine with me. Hard to believe we have been here almost four weeks...........time sure goes by quickly when you are having fun! And you know...........having fun is what being a Winter Texan is all about!

I was visiting with a friend on the phone this afternoon......discussing the "scene" down here: people in their 60's, 70's, and up.......all being extremely active here at our RV resort, as well as at all of the other rv parks. I am certain a stranger who comes into this resort would be shocked at what he sees in the way everyone is sooooo busy, sooooo active, and sooooo into living their Lives so openly with such a vigor! Gray haired men and women playing tennis as if their lives depended on the outcome of the game, semi-traffic jams at street corners due to the the many bicycles on the streets, senior citizens(are they really???) enjoying Happy Hours each day, neighbors visiting others with laughs and enjoyment.......no one getting upset with anyone else. No competition to keep up with the Jones's. Just an active, yet gracious, way of enjoying living in the warm climate here.....and using this warm climate to stay active and young!!

Tomorrow????? We are going to another afternoon party at the Horseman's Saloon. Many of the rv'ers who are avid readers of the RV.NET forum will gather together to renew friendships from the previous years....and others will join us for the first time. This is the third annual gathering of the RV.NET members.....and it will be sooooo much fun and so wonderful to meet everyone.....to put a face on the user ID/Name that they use online. Soooooo, a great day is forecast for this annual event......I can't wait!!!!!

For your information: I am still getting comments, emails, phone calls, etc., etc., about my trip to Washington, about my writings on this blog about those incredible experiences, and I, myself, am still feeling the uplift that those experiences gave to me then.....which still continue!!!! It almost seems like a dream.....with the exception of the goose bumps that I get when I think of just how amazing those two days were!!!! I had record breaking numbers of readers for those two days..........amazing!!! I only hope that I was able in my writings to give to you just a small bit of the feeling that I was experiencing while I was there.......

Another day.......another day of NOT retirement, but one of rebirth!!!! That's what retirement really is........a new beginning of Life, and each day seems to be just that to me. WOW......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: