Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 24: A warm and wonderful day......

Amazingly after being gone for five days, I awakened at the same time as I usually have over since we arrived on January 2nd. Coffee was the next thing on the morning agenda....and soon, I had a steaming cupful in my hand as I read the online newspapers.

Later, after the morning rituals for this sagging hulk of Me, I wandered over to see Pete and Jane, and spent about 20 minutes or so with them, bringing them up to date on my last five days while at the Inaugural of President Obama. Back to TheHowserHouse and then down to Buzz and Moe's......and after some discussion with them, we all six were off to MEXICO!!!!

Like sooooo many people crossing the Rio Grande to reach our neighbor to the south, we took pictures and also "posed" for a group photo at the Welcome to Mexico granite sign. As we ambled down the main street where all of the dentists, barber shops, liquor sales, pharmacies, and Mexican trinket stores are located, we stopped from time to time to browse, sample, and just enjoy the wonderful colorful atmosphere!! Such a great time we had and we, of course, did buy a few items we just had to have for our own!

Arriving about 3.5 blocks down the street, we found The Red Snapper, went upstairs and soon we were drinking Margaritas.....at a 2 for 1 price!! Just really very good food for some really nice inexpensive prices! I had the Mexican Special Plate.....with all kinds of Mexican food from tacos to refried beans.....with lots of it. The 1st Lady had Garlic Shrimp insisted that hers was better than mine......but, who knows....and it really doesn't matter, does it? We both had great meals and that is all we wanted...!

Returning to our resort, we had no trouble crossing the border back into the States, even with the four bottles of liquor which we had purhcased. Soon......we were back in the resort and back into our RV's.........

I hadn't been laying down too long when Buzz and Moe stopped by....and soon, Doug and Janet whose RV is across the street from us.....they came over to sit. Everyone all day long wanted to hear my stories from the trip to D.C........and, I have several stories to share with everyone.

This evening....I have been like some kind of zombie.....just completely exhausted! And so....I am going to bring this to a close, lay my sagging hulk down, and get some much needed rest.

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: