Saturday, May 19, 2007

What can I say???? No excuses.....other than.......

ANOTHER two day report!!!!! I have no excuse other than I had taken too much of my dark red medicine earlier in the evening, and then I had to drive back from Cape.....and I was beyond writing anything illuminating by the time we returned......soooooo

Yesterday. We departed about noon for Cape......stopped at Becky's newly purchased house, looked over the new carpet samples, and then we all headed across the Mississippi to the carpet store located just over the bridge in Illinois. There..........we assisted Becky in making some decisions as to which carpet she wanted in the house.....and then we sped away across the bridge and down to see Mike for a couple of hours. Another very, very rapid trip back to Cape, arriving at the Methodist Church just in time for the wedding ceremony. Jeremy was a groomsman, so it was great to see him!

The wedding was nice with a string trio performing all of the musical selections. Then we left for downtown Cape and the dinner-dance reception. The 1st Lady and I had a GREAT time......and as I said, I overdosed myself..........just lost count of the correct dosage, I guess!! I drove back to F'town....and we pulled into the drive around midnight.

This morning we were up and going by 8am......and as Jeremy was going to be here today with a "lady friend", we did a bit of cleaning/dusting. He arrived around noon with Cassie and we spent the next few hours on the patio talking and laughing about a flurry of topics.......

By 3:30 the 1st Lady and I were out at the home of one of her sorority sister's.....and we joined about 15 others and drove to the Crown Ridge Tiger Sanctuary and Restaurant. We took a tour through the "just opened" sanctuary....just opened today........and it is REALLY a great place. Not certain I would pay the admission prices that they are currently asking, but we got a price break and it was a good hour's tour. The facilities are state-of-the-art for the housing and caring of these large cats........WOW!!!!! They are in cat heaven. All of them are recovering from lack of the proper treatment by their previous owners.........those who have private little zoos and haven't taken good care of the cats.

Then......we had reservations for all 17 of us at the restaurant. It is a gorgeous setting.......and the facility is great. However........I...and others...were disappointed with the quality of the food. The 1st Lady's meal and mine was right at $60......and well, I just feel it was not worth that kind of a price tag. My scallops were cold......and that was NOT good!! It just ruined the entire meal.....and, well...we decided we would not return there. Others in our group had meat that they had to send back due to the toughness of the meat......and two of our party had had their entire meals DROPPED on the way to the table, which met they had to wait for almost 25 minutes before they were served!!! NOT a good evening...........Crown Ridge Restaurant......think twice before trying it out!

We returned home around 8pm......and Jeremy and Cassie were back from their pool party at one of his friend's homes here in town. Soooo, we spent some time visiting......

Tomorrow the 1st Lady and I are going to Washington, MO to the Art and Wine Festival.....and I will be discussing that tomorrow evening.

And so.........even though our food was not very well prepared....

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: