Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Another busy one.......!

This morning flew by........a quick cup of Fr. Roast on the patio....didn't think I would find a dry chair out there. We had a HUGE storm push through, as I mentioned last night, and we had inches of rain that was driven by a strong wind. Sooooo, after my coffee, I got out the hoses and hosed down TheHowserHouse(on wheels).....as those damn whirlygigs from the trees were plastered ALL OVER the side of the RV!!!!! The rain and winds had practically pasted them all over the north side of it.....and once they dry, they stick like glue to whatever they are on. Sooooo....my morning was interrupted by this necessary chore!

The 1st Lady returned to Cape to help our daughter-in-law strip wallpaper and paint on the house she just purchased last week. She is moving, with Rachel, to Cape Girardeau at the end of this month......and just doesn't have the time to do some of the work on the house that is needed to make it more comfortable and enjoyable for both of them. And......the 1st Lady really enjoys painting, so she is hard at it!

I received another insurance beneficiary form in the mail, so I spent the next hour filling it out so it could be mailed to the company. Sure is a difference in each one of the ones I have sent in........this one was the most detailed.

Then......I was off to search for some good sized Geraniums for in front of the house.....as well as some red mulch, pansies, and petunias. I also needed some parsley and basil plants for my herb garden. I stopped outside of town and found some GREAT geraniums........really, really healthy looking and quite large for only $3.75.....and so I bought six of them. Should have picked up a few more....may have to return tomorrow as they had plenty of them. These are the best ones I have seen all spring no matter where I have been!!!!

Then I went on to Farmington.....and got the mulch at the SuperCenter. They didn't have any here yesterday so I went looking....... Was going to get a haircut, also....but they were packed with people waiting, so will wait myself until Monday morning.

This afternoon.....well, I sure discovered just how hot and humid it was here today!!!! I was outside removing the old mulch, weeding, and laying down some new ground cover paper to keep the weeds and grass from emerging through the mulch.....and I got so hot that I thought I was about to pass out. I had been squatting and guess when I got up the blood had not traveled it's regular route through my skinny legs....and boy.....I just about passed out! I have not been able to do much in high temps AND humidity for the past couple of years without really feeling strange......so, I suppose this time I had a strong warning to not work so hard in the boiling sun and muggy air!!

Well......this evening.....I was disappointed that Lakisha was voted off of American Idol!!! I thought Blake should have gone.......thought he just didn't do the job last night on either one of his two performances. BUT........I know Blake has his fan base out there across the country. Melinda or Jordin????? For me........I just really don't know! They are both wonderful singers AND performers!!!!!! They will both be winners anyway......no matter who comes out on top!

And so....tomorrow the 1st Lady has her Beta Sigma Phi Sorority meeting here at the stick and brick....about 20+ members should be here. Soooooo, it is vacuum, dust, and mop....and put away day for us. Sure some of the girls are wanting to see the remodel job that we did last year.......as frustrating as it was, I suppose it was worth it!!!??? Sometimes I wonder......????

And sooooooo, another day in my ever-shortening Life......but no matter.....because

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: