Thursday, May 10, 2007

Spring in Misery.....

Another muggy spring day in Southeast Missouri…….Spring in Missouri is fast becoming Spring in Misery! The rains came and went today……..and…..

The 1st Lady and I got the stick and brick cleaned and spruced up for the upcoming Sorority meeting here this evening. By 5pm…….I had vacuumed, swifted the floors, cleaned the bathrooms, etc., etc., etc. and the two of us got a new Georgia O’Keeffe art poster hung in the tv room. I had purchased it from an online art poster company and had them frame it. It really looks great…….and the thick black frame around this poster of a deep red canna is just perfect for our gray tv room!

Around 5pm……I packed a few items, told the 1st Lady goodbye, and drove to Eldon…..right at 200 miles. I have an important meeting at the Mo. Capitol in the morning at 9am…..and this will save me getting up in the middle of the night to drive up there in time to make the appt. As soon as it is over…..well, back to F’town I go….about 165 from Jefferson City.

Talked with the 1st Lady after I arrived here….and she said that her evening “with the girls” went well……and they all were sooooooo complimentary about our remodeled home….especially the completely new kitchen!

I thought of many things I wanted to discuss tonight as I drove through the evening light and then darkness………but, by the time I got the house aired out…..and my things ready to go in the morning, my mind is not functioning at it’s literary best. Will make some notes tomorrow as I return back home so that I can get on my soapbox and say a few words tomorrow night! Sooooo, if you thought you were going to get a chance to peek into my mind tonight to discover a bit more about me by reading my thoughts on a subject or two………sorry! But, never fear!!! Howser is still here!!!! And….I will be back tomorrow night…………..and don’t’ forget…..

Life IS Great…..and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: