Friday, May 11, 2007

AHHHH.......more rain!!

Well......the night was short!!!! Not sleeping in my own little "groove" in the stick/brick mattress, I found myself looking at the clock ALL night long......about every 20-30 minutes!!! DAMN!!!! No matter which way I turned, it seemed the clock was looking at me....reminding me that the night was going to be a short one.....and that 6AM was going to be early. Surely that knowledge inside my head was not keeping me awake!!!!!!!!?????

So, when 6AM arrived after a sleepless night, I pulled my aging hulk off of the hide-away that hides inside the Flexsteel sofa....and managed to get myself together, dressed, a tie around my neck AND tied, and then got the Park Avenue loaded....and headed to the nearest place that I could find open at that ungodly time of the morning! AND....that place was none other than McD's......so I picked up some coffee(yuk!) and one of their tiny sweet roll dishes. A quick gulp and the roll was gone....and so I sat there and sipped the coffee(?).

I came to rather abruptly as I realized that a lady was standing next to me asking if my name was "John"???? So, a conversation centered around the past began.......she being the mother of a fellow that was in my sister's hs class........and soon I remembered how she loved to talk years ago....and she still does!!!! I quickly......or I tried to make it quick......make my "good-byes" and headed for the car. WHEW!!!!

Arriving in Jefferson City for my 9AM meeting.....I headed for the Capitol....and the lot where I normally park when attending meetings there was FLOODED!!!! Yep.....the local creek that flows through the town was UP and the lot was mostly under ugly, brown water. Sooooo, up the hill I drove, around the Capitol, and found a pay sight on the other side........$1 per hour.....with a two hour maximum. So, I put in $1 and sat there and finished drinking.....or tried to....the McD's questionable liquid they call coffee.

Finally went up the hill to the main building in the state....and headed to the cafeteria on the lower floor. Coffee was there.....and it lived up to that name! I met my daughter-in-law there and we proceeded to the offices of the Representative where we were to meet.

After almost an hour, we left feeling that perhaps....just perhaps we had made some significant difference in our issues. Heading back to the parked Buick, I arrived with ONE MINUTE left....and the city ticket giver was just two cars away!!!!!!!!! WOW....talk about luck and timing!!!!

I was soon headed south back towards F'town.....about 170 miles. I made a food stop in Cuba...and then headed on through the hills, the drenching rains, and when I got to Farmington, I stopped and got a quick cut of my 69 blond(??) hairs on the top of my head. Leaving there the rains began again and very quickly I couldn't see anything in front of me......DAMN!!!! Sooo, a quick slowdown and I crept along with my flashers flashing.....and eventually arrived in F'Town.

The afternoon flew by....I took a nap.....and we were soon fixing a couple of very thick filets of salmon and some steamed broccoli......accompanied by some dark red medicine. I am way behind on my daily dosages.....and will need to "catch up" very soon......for my health!

And soooo........the day has ended and with a clearing sky!!! Once again, the lawn has gone wild with all of the inches of rain which it has drank up greedily.....and now, it needs to be tamed very soon!!! But....tomorrow will not do......I have to take our old electric range and our older dish washer to Cape for my daughter-in-law's house which she recently purchased. Then I will take Rachel to see Mike for a couple of hours.......

I am now thinking seriously of heading to MY bed and my "groove" where I sleep......hahaha. I have a couple of friends arriving in the morning at 9 to help me load my truck with the appliances.......

With only about 10 days until we leave for 2-3 three weeks in TheHowserHouse....I have many things to get ready.......wash it, wax it, wash the truck, wax the truck, load the rv, etc., etc., etc. A busy 10 days!!!!! I am ready to hit the road again.....and leave ALL of the responsiblities around the stick/brick and around town!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: