Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Alive....yep!!

At least three days with no post from this aging hulk!!! I am not certain, but that may be one of the longest, if not THE longest times that I have gone without posting a few lines. Oh well.....yeah, I did say a quick little ditty, but nothing of any substance, was it?

Sunday.....hmmmmm.....that was 48 hours ago and there seems to be nothing of any importance to discuss. The 1st Lady, her mother, and her sister all went to see Mike during the afternoon. Dr. Jeni and Darrell and girls all went to the Azalea Festival carnival for a couple of hours so the girls could ride some of the rides again. It was really quite a nice, big carnival this year......many, many rides for all sizes/ages!!!

Jeremy had spent Sat night at Dr. Jeni's house.........he had to catch an early flight to Minneapolis as he had a business appointment on Monday. He then flew back to STL last night following his appointment......and then drove on over to Evansville.

Yesterday........hmmmm.....just what did I do? HAHHAA......each day seems to evolve quickly into the next day the older I become. The 1st Lady's mother and sister left before noon.......and then we just did a bit of cleaning and straightening up.......moving the toy boxes back to the garage, doing some laundry, etc., etc.

Today.....well, some tiny little germ invaded my lower intestines and rather put a change of plans into this day. I had planned to go to Eldon today to work on the house, but I spent most of my time in the necessary room.....doing what the tiny little germ made necessary!!! It took most of the day for that little germ to find it's way out of my aging hulk.......perhaps....just perhaps I might have lost a bit of weight....which is also "necessary"!

Right now.....I may lose this entire post as we are having quite an electrical storm with buckets and buckets of driving rain!! If so......I will never get this re-written!!! Ahhhh.....the storm has left....and luck was with me!!! I was able to get this posted even though I had unplugged the electricty and the internet cable from the wall!!! And.......that is good news....at least for you because you will get to read this evening's post!

I've been thinking about this upcoming Sunday......Mother's Day. It just struck me that this will be the first time since I was a very small child that I will not be sending a Mother's Day card. And.....it brings back memories of when my sister and I would go with our mother and grandmother to church........each of us wearing a flower pinned onto our Sunday's best clothes. There seemed to be a color....either red or white........and the color that was worn was determined by if your Mother was still alive or deceased. Now......why does that memory return to me at this time in my life????? I am not certain, but I believe that "tradition" may have evolved and/or faded into history.....and is not carried out any more. Is that so???????? Let me know...if YOU know/remember.

This storm that came up soooo quickly and went away just as fast reminds me of the 6th Symphony by Beethoven. It is also called the "Pastoral"......and in the second movement this storm arrives with lightning and thunder.....HOWEVER......the order is reversed by Beethoven. He has the orchestra playing the chords and sounds for the thunder first....and then the lightning!! It is a marvelous work........more programatic than the majority of his symphonies.....and it is, and always has been, my favorite!!! I highly recommend that you take a half hour and listen to this one........it will NOT bore you, if you are not a listener of serious music!!! Try it....you might just like it!!!

And sooooo......a not so pleasant day has faded away(Thank God!)!!! And, as always.....

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: