Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Thursday: Day 3

Another quiet morning surrounded by the oak forest on the shores of Mark Twain Lake……quiet with one exception: the very loud chirping of the multitude of birds that inhabit this area!! Not a complaint!!! They are great to listen to…..as well as to see. Only one wish…….and that is that I had brought my bird feeder with me. Oh well…….

We went into Monroe City for a while…..and then I drove into Hannibal and became a temporary resident of the reception lobby in the Quality Inn Hotel there……using their wifi which is free and very strong. I only had 158 email messages in the past 48 hours…..hmmmm, not certain if that is a normal amount or not as I don’t keep track of how many I receive each day.

The 1st Lady and her family had gone into Hannibal also…..and before I was finished in the lobby of the hotel, she called and wanted me to meet them for lunch in Hannibal. A rather greasy lunch as we ate at Long John Silver’s…..and even though I enjoy their fish from time to time, it is not the healthiest food around to eat! Nevertheless…..I ate enough that I didn’t need….nor want….to eat the rest of the day…..haha!

After lunch….guess what I did!!! I returned to the hotel lobby and spent another hour reading some newspapers, etc., etc. I really do miss reading my daily newspapers online….and it makes for a very uninformative day when I don’t have that opportunity.

I returned to Monroe City….actually before the 1st Lady and her family…..and enjoyed a few minutes on the patio in the sun…which came and went with the increasing amount of clouds. The outlook for the weekend here is not good!!! RAIN….RAIN….RAIN….is predicted.

The 1st Lady and I returned to the COE campground during the early evening…..and just rather veggied out……enjoying the light rain showers…..and curling up with good books! We both love to read…..and oftentimes we don’t get a good chance to just spend an evening doing that.

And sooooo, another relaxing day……a relaxing evening…..and a couple of good books ………and…..

Life is GREAT….and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: